Dr Noemi Lendvai-Bainton and Dr Yiming Wang celebrate with our Chinese Public Policy students at Shanghai graduation. 15 April 2019 More than 330 students from the University of Bristol were honoured by the University’s Chancellor, Sir Paul Nurse, at the Graduation Celebration in Shanghai today (Saturday 13 April).
- Dr Noemi Lendvai-Bainton and Dr Yiming Wang celebrate with our Chinese Public Policy students at Shanghai graduation. 15 April 2019 More than 330 students from the University of Bristol were honoured by the University’s Chancellor, Sir Paul Nurse, at the Graduation Celebration in Shanghai today (Saturday 13 April).
- Ensuring trans people in Wales receive dignified and inclusive health and social care in later life 4 April 2019 Findings from a two-year study looking at health care provision for trans people later in life, will be announced at a launch event in Cardiff today (Thurs 4 April).
- Bristol Student Union election results 2019 29 March 2019 School for Policy Studies students amongst newly elected officers
- Public Policy students compete in the NASPAA Batten Global Simulation competition 26 March 2019 The NASPAA-Batten Student Simulation Competition is a day-long event, held annually, that allows graduate students in public policy and related fields to test their skills on real-world data.
- Reimagining Refugee Rights - Addressing Asylum Harms in Britain, Denmark and Sweden 25 March 2019 A new report launched this month seeks to identify the societal harms in seeking asylum and the key barriers to support.
- Annual Policy & Politics lecture showcases student talent 25 March 2019 Last week, the annual lecture organised by the Policy and Politics journal, saw the Rt Honourable Baroness Sayeeda Warsi speak on the subject of being muslim in Britain.
- School for Policy Studies alumni honoured at inaugural Bristol Alumni Awards 13 March 2019 The first University of Bristol Alumni Awards ceremony, which saw the broadcaster Sir David Attenborough receive a Lifetime Achievement award last night, celebrated the exceptional achievements of the University’s alumni.
- Wide ranging reforms needed to how authorities approach FGM safeguarding 7 March 2019 Mothers, fathers and young Somali adults have expressed a pervasive sense of disempowerment, traumatisation and victimisation at the hands of statutory services, feeding into a new report that urges authorities to change their approach.
- Putting citizens at the heart of the smart city 7 March 2019 The School for Policy Studies is delighted to receive funding from the first ever ESRC-CONACYT collaboration to lead a binational interdisciplinary project which aims to enhance our understanding of smart cities.
- Diversity in Care Environments in England and Wales 4 March 2019 A new research project in the School for Policy Studies at University of Bristol is looking at ways in which older people are made to feel included and valued in housing schemes with care and support services.