Football used as scapegoat for domestic violence 8 August 2018 Scapegoating football as a trigger for domestic violence trivialises the issue and risks offering offenders an excuse for their behaviour, according to a UK study.
- University of Bristol staff photomarathon 2018 9 August 2018 Success for staff in the annual university photographic competition.
- Football used as scapegoat for domestic violence 8 August 2018 Scapegoating football as a trigger for domestic violence trivialises the issue and risks offering offenders an excuse for their behaviour, according to a UK study.
- Graduation success for the our 2018 alumni 31 July 2018 Earlier this month we celebrated the graduation of students from both our Childhood Studies and Social Policy bachelors’ degree programmes, along with a number of graduates who also received their doctoral degrees.
- School for Policy Studies' academic elected as Fellow of the British Academy 30 July 2018 Professor of Social Justice and Director of the Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research, David Gordon, has been elected as Fellow of the British Academy, in recognition of his achievements in social sciences.
- The European Network on Gender Violence conference, Bristol 27-29 June 2018 16 July 2018 Attendees from across Europe and the US attended the 3 day annual European Network for Gender Violence (ENGV) conference hosted by the Centre for Gender and Violence Research at the University of Bristol.
- 15th East Asian Social Policy (EASP) Annual Conference 16 July 2018 The School for Policy Studies hosted the 15th EASP Annual Conference at the University of Bristol on 5th and 6th July 2018.
- Creating more inclusive care homes for older LGBT+ people 10 July 2018 A new project launching this week will focus on improving the experience of residential care homes for older residents who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and questioning (LGBT+).
- Global migration experts come to Bristol 9 July 2018 Experts from the UN and other global organisations are meeting in Bristol this week to discuss how to improve the coverage, quality, analysis and reporting of migration data.
- Institute of Advanced Studies Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professor Mary Brydon-Miller 5 July 2018 The School for Policy Studies welcomes Professor Mary Brydon-Miller who will be visiting from the University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA throughout July.
- Driving change: how getting behind the wheel can improve the lives of young people leaving care 2 July 2018 A new initiative, piloted in Bristol, has shown that providing young people leaving care with driving lessons is highly beneficial for their life chances.