New guidance issued to producers and users of international migration data 17 December 2017 The Global Migration Group's ‘Handbook for Improving the Production and Use of Migration Data for Development’ is aimed at policy makers and other interested parties who seek to understand the complexities of international migration.
- School for Policy Studies’ students win first prize at Faculty event 18 December 2017 Students were invited to attend the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law Scholarships and Prize Giving event, held on Thurs 23 Nov in the Wills Memorial Building
- New guidance issued to producers and users of international migration data 17 December 2017 The Global Migration Group's ‘Handbook for Improving the Production and Use of Migration Data for Development’ is aimed at policy makers and other interested parties who seek to understand the complexities of international migration.
- Shaping successful smart cities 7 December 2017 Professor Alex Marsh responds to a recent report produced by the All Party Parliamentary Group on Smart Cities.
- Migrant deaths are ‘vastly under-reported’ according to new report 5 December 2017 The majority of migrant deaths are unrecorded, according to a new report which calls for ‘significant improvements’ to be made in order to capture the true number of deaths which occur during migration worldwide.
- Professor David Berridge warns MPs that schools are failing to find alternative provision for excluded pupils. 24 November 2017
- School for Policy Studies academic to provide evidence to Foreign Affairs Committee 15 November 2017 Dr Nazand Begikhani from the Centre for Gender and Violence Research, is to give evidence as a witness to the House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee on ‘Kurdish aspirations and the interests of the UK in the Middle East’.
- What does poverty look like in the UK today? 10 November 2017 A new book published this week provides unique and detailed insights into the nature and extent of poverty and social exclusion in the UK.
- The Sue Porter Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Complaints Choir 3 November 2017 Staff and students come together to voice their experiences and make a case for change at the Brigstow Showcase event.
- LGBTQI+ Disabled People speak out about their experiences of using self-directed social care support 24 October 2017 New research shows LGBTQI+ Disabled People sometimes have to make ‘bad bargains’ with the people who support them.
- Fathers with learning disabilities 'left out of support', study finds 19 October 2017 Fathers with learning disabilities are often let down by statutory services, which neglect to support them around parenting or focus only on mothers, a study has found.