Prioritising help for the poorest hit by deadly natural disasters 17 October 2018 A new statistical tool to help target resources following deadly natural disasters has been created by the University of Bristol, allowing governments to prioritise getting aid to the most vulnerable people.
- Prioritising help for the poorest hit by deadly natural disasters 17 October 2018 A new statistical tool to help target resources following deadly natural disasters has been created by the University of Bristol, allowing governments to prioritise getting aid to the most vulnerable people.
- Welcoming our international scholars 15 October 2018 Last week we welcomed our latest cohort of Chevening scholars to the University of Bristol at a reception attended by Vice Chancellor Professor Hugh Brady and the Deputy Mayor of Bristol, Asher Craig.
- New academic staff at the School for Policy Studies 9 October 2018 The School for Policy Studies are delighted to welcome the following new members of staff:
- Think e-bikes are cheating? Think again! 20 September 2018 An innovative new project explores the health benefits of electric bikes for people suffering with type-2 diabetes.
- University of Bristol staff photomarathon 2018 9 August 2018 Success for staff in the annual university photographic competition.
- Football used as scapegoat for domestic violence 8 August 2018 Scapegoating football as a trigger for domestic violence trivialises the issue and risks offering offenders an excuse for their behaviour, according to a UK study.
- Graduation success for the our 2018 alumni 31 July 2018 Earlier this month we celebrated the graduation of students from both our Childhood Studies and Social Policy bachelors’ degree programmes, along with a number of graduates who also received their doctoral degrees.
- School for Policy Studies' academic elected as Fellow of the British Academy 30 July 2018 Professor of Social Justice and Director of the Townsend Centre for International Poverty Research, David Gordon, has been elected as Fellow of the British Academy, in recognition of his achievements in social sciences.
- The European Network on Gender Violence conference, Bristol 27-29 June 2018 16 July 2018 Attendees from across Europe and the US attended the 3 day annual European Network for Gender Violence (ENGV) conference hosted by the Centre for Gender and Violence Research at the University of Bristol.
- 15th East Asian Social Policy (EASP) Annual Conference 16 July 2018 The School for Policy Studies hosted the 15th EASP Annual Conference at the University of Bristol on 5th and 6th July 2018.