Women ‘less likely to progress at work’ than their male counterparts following childbirth 22 October 2019 Women and men experience a large divergence in their career paths in the years following childbirth, according to a study following more than 3,500 new parents.
- Women ‘less likely to progress at work’ than their male counterparts following childbirth 22 October 2019 Women and men experience a large divergence in their career paths in the years following childbirth, according to a study following more than 3,500 new parents.
- School for Policy Studies welcomes new staff 16 October 2019
- Bristol Climate Change Question Time 20 September 2019
- UK military families struggle to access specialist domestic abuse support 11 September 2019 Less than 10 per cent of domestic violence and abuse (DVA) services identify themselves as providing specialist support to military families, according to a new report from the School for Policy Studies.
- Bristol researchers lead new national guidance on how to stay fit and healthy 6 September 2019 Guidance on how the UK population can stay fit and healthy has been updated thanks to a major review led by researchers from the School for Policy Studies.
- Syrian refugee study shortlisted for Research Project of the Year award 6 September 2019 A research project focused uniquely on the missing voices and experiences of Syrian refugee fathers and the integration of their families has been recognised by the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards 2019.
- 'Whole housing approach’ needed for victims of domestic abuse 23 August 2019 More needs to be done to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse who are homeowners or private renters, according to a new report from the University of Bristol.
- July graduation ceremony - Celebrating the Class of 2019 23 July 2019 There was a fantastic turn out yesterday for the pre-graduation celebrations held in the School for Policy gardens. Soon-to-be graduates and their families mingled in the sunshine with academic staff and alumni from past cohorts for several hours before heading off to receive their degrees at the iconic Wills Memorial building.
- Manager of Women’s Aid to receive honorary degree 22 July 2019 Today (Monday 22 July) Lisa Johnson, the Manager of the National Domestic Violence Helpline, Women's Aid, will be awarded an honorary degree as part of our graduation ceremonies.
- School for Policy Studies welcomes care leavers and professionals to university taster day 16 July 2019 Last week, the School for Policy Studies were pleased to welcome care leavers and professionals from Bristol Hope School and the Bristol charity, 1625 Independent People, who support 16-25 year olds who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.