Fathers with learning disabilities 'left out of support', study finds 19 October 2017 Fathers with learning disabilities are often let down by statutory services, which neglect to support them around parenting or focus only on mothers, a study has found.
- Fathers with learning disabilities 'left out of support', study finds 19 October 2017 Fathers with learning disabilities are often let down by statutory services, which neglect to support them around parenting or focus only on mothers, a study has found.
- Bristol academics become Fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences 18 October 2017 Three social scientists from the University of Bristol have been honoured as Fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences.
- Undergraduates awarded 2017 interdisciplinary research prizes 18 October 2017 The winners of the 2017 undergraduate interdisciplinary research internship scheme (IRIS) present the results of their work last week to Vice-Chancellor Professor Hugh Brady
- Study finds physical activity outside of school is vital for child health 15 September 2017 Children who do activity outside of school in addition to during school hours are much more likely to meet the Government’s physical activity guidelines, according to new research from the University of Bristol.
- New report highlights need to improve data on dead and missing migrants to better inform policy and public awareness 12 September 2017 A new report co-edited by Bristol academic Ann Singleton highlights the global scale of deaths and disappearances of people lost during migration.
- New PhD studentship offered in 'Physical activity profiles and their impact on cardiometabolic disease risk' 11 September 2017 A unique opportunity has arisen via the MRC GW4 BioMed Doctoral Training Partnership for a student with very strong quantitative skills to investigate the risk relationships between different ‘physical activity profiles’ and cardiometabolic disease outcomes. This project will help develop individualised prevention strategies, inform future policy and assist with technological innovation.
- Professor Esther Dermott joins as new Head of School 1 August 2017 We are delighted to announce that, following her appointment in June, Esther Dermott has now officially taken up her new role as the Head of the School for Policy Studies. She succeeds Professor David Abbott who led the School from 2015 – 2017.
- Research shows regular road closures help children get active 31 July 2017 New research from the University of Bristol shows that playing outside, aided by regular road closures, helps to increase children’s physical activity.
- Congratulations to our new graduates! 20 July 2017 The School for Policy Studies celebrates its students’ achievements
- Welcome to a new member of the team 13 July 2017 The School is delighted to announce that Dr Caryn Peiffer joins our Centre for Urban and Public Policy Research in July 2017 as a lecturer in international public policy and governance.