Trial Management Group (TMG)
The TMG monitors all aspects of the progress of the trial. The TMG members have expertise in public health, paediatrics, statistics, behaviour change theory, economic evaluation of complex interventions, and qualitative and quantitative experience in the evaluation of randomised control trials and complex social interventions. The TMG for the cluster randomised controlled trial is made up of the following members:
- Professor Russ Jago (Chair), Professor of Paediatric Physical Activity & Public Health, University of Bristol. Professor Jago is an expert in the assessment of PA among children and the evaluation of PA and sedentary behaviour interventions.
- Dr Simon Sebire, Senior Lecturer in Physical Activity and Public Health at the University of Bristol.
- Professor Rona Campbell, Professor of Public Health Research, University of Bristol. Professor Campbell leads programmes of research concerned with multiple risk behaviour in adolescence and health promotion in schools. She is also the Bristol lead for the NIHR School for Public Health Research.
- Professor William Hollingworth, Professor of Health Economics, University of Bristol. Professor Hollingworth research focusses on measuring cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions in randomised controlled trials.
- Dr Ruth Kipping, Research Fellow in Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Bristol. Dr Kipping's research interests include studies designed to look at ways to combat childhood obesity.
- Dr Athene Lane, Reader in Trials Research and co-director of the Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration (BRTC) with experience in the design and conduct of randomised controlled trials.
- Dr Stephanie MacNeill is Research Fellow in Medical Statistics within the Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration (BRTC) with expertise in the quantitative analysis of definitive trials.
Trial Steering Committee (TSC)
The TSC provides independent expert oversight of the trial on behalf of its Sponsor (Bristol University’s Research and Enterprise Development (RED)) and its Funder (NIHR Public Health Research Programme). Through its independent Chair, it also provides advice to the Trial Management Group (TMG), the Funder and the Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration (BRTC). The TSC for the definitive trial will be appointed soon.
- Professor Russ Jago, Principal Investigator, Professor of Paediatric Physical Activity & Public Health, University of Bristol
Local Advisory Group (LAG)
The LAG provides valuable advice on areas such as the delivery of the PLAN-A peer-supporter programme, supporting with peer-supporter training issues and any other school-related issues that might arise during the course of the intervention.
Its members include a local authority representatives and a school Head of PSHE. We are still expanding our LAG membership.