Trial Management Group (TMG)
The TMG monitors all aspects of the progress of the trial. The TMG members have expertise in public health, paediatrics, statistics, self-determination theory, economic evaluation of complex interventions, and qualitative and quantitative experience in the evaluation of randomised control trials and complex social interventions. The TMG is made up of the following members:
- Dr Simon Sebire (Chair), Principal Investigator, is Senior Lecturer in Physical Activity and Public Health at the University of Bristol.
- Ms Kate Banfield, Research Associate at the University of Bristol.
- Dr Pete Blair, Senior Research Fellow in the Bristol Randomised Control Trials Collaboration.
Dr Blair has a background in medical statistics and childhood epidemiology.
- Professor Rona Campbell, Professor of Public Health Research, University of Bristol.
Professor Campbell leads programmes of research concerned with multiple risk behaviour in adolescence and health promotion in schools. She is also the Bristol lead for the NIHR School for Public Health Research.
- Miss Kirsty Garfield, Research Associate in Health Economics at the University of Bristol.
- Professor William Hollingworth, Professor of Health Economics, University of Bristol.
Professor Hollingworth research focusses on measuring cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions in randomised controlled trials.
- Professor Russ Jago, Professor of Paediatric Physical Activity and Public Health, University of Bristol.
Professor Jago is an expert in the assessment of PA among children and the evaluation of PA and sedentary behaviour interventions.
- Dr Ruth Kipping, Research Fellow in Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Bristol.
Dr Kipping's research interests include studies designed to look at ways to combat childhood obesity.
- Professor Ronan Lyons, Clinical Professor of Public Health, University of Swansea.
Professor Lyons is a public health physician/epidemiologist with 30 years' experience of clinical medicine, public health and health informatics in Ireland and the UK.
- Mr Bryar Kadir is Research Associate in Medical Statistics, Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration group at the University of Bristol.
Trial Steering Committee (TSC)
The TSC provides expert oversight of the trial on behalf of its sponsor (University of Bristol’s Research and Enterprise Development (RED)) and its funder (NIHR Public Health Research Programme). Through its independent chair, it also provides advice to the Trial Management Group (TMG), the funder and the Bristol Randomised Trials Collaboration (BRTC).
- Dr Katrina Wyatt (Chair), Associate Professor of Health Research, University of Exeter
- Dr Paul Ewings, Director of NIHR Research Design Service South West, Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust
- Dr Trish Gorely, Senior lecturer in Physical Activity and Health, University of Stirling
- Kate Banfield, Research Associate
- Dr Simon Sebire, Principal Investigator, Senior Lecturer in Exercise Psychology, University of Bristol
- Professor Russ Jago, Principal Investigator, Professor of Paediatric Physical Activity & Public Health, University of Bristol
Local Advisory Group (LAG)
The LAG provides valuable advice on areas such as the delivery of the PLAN-A peer-supporter programme, supporting with peer-supporter training issues and any other school-related issues that might arise during the course of the intervention.
Its members include a local authority representatives and a school Head of PSHE. We are still expanding our Local Advisory Group membership.