Missed your offer: what next?
If you haven't got the grades you needed to meet your offer don't worry, there are several things you can do.
If you've missed your offer by a small margin
Check UCAS Track to see if we've been able to offer you a place.
In some circumstances you may be offered a place on an alternative course, or we might be able to to offer you a deferred place for 2019. This will be show on UCAS Track. If you want to take up an alternative offer you will need to accept it on UCAS Track. If you decline our alternative offer and you do not meet the conditions of your insurance offer you will be eligible to enter Clearing.
How long will it take to get a decision?
If you have taken A-levels, we hope to have a decision for you on A-level results day or the next day.
- Check UCAS Track to see if we have made a decision.
- If we have not been able to make a decision, contact us and we will let you know what is happening.
- In some cases we may take longer to reach our decision. For example we may be missing a result or waiting to see if space is available.
If you have other, non-A-level qualifications, we aim to process the decision as soon as the results are known.
- Check whether you need to notify us of your results.
- There may be some cases where we have to hold a decision until A-level results are published to treat all applications fairly.
If our final decision is that you are unsuccessful, we will only review it if there has been a genuine mistake.
Appealing against your results
If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to appeal against your results or request a re-mark find out what you need to do.
If we can't offer you a place
If our final decision is that you are unsuccessful, we are not able to review this decision unless there has been a genuine mistake.
- If you have met or exceed the conditions of your insurance offer, you will be accepted automatically by your insurance instutition via UCAS.
- If you've missed the conditions of your insurance offer, you will automatically be released into Clearing. View our Clearing vacancies.
- You can reapply for 2019 if you meet the entry requirements. Check whether re-sits are accepted on the admissions statement at the bottom of each course page.
Common App applicants
If you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct entry applicants
If you have missed the terms of your offer and have not received a final decision from us, please email the following contacts:
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene Email: email@example.com
- International Foundation Programme (Arts and Humanities; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics; and Social Sciences and Law) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundation in Arts and Humanities Email: email@example.com
- BA English Literature and Community Engagement Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childhood Studies (part time) Email: email@example.com
- Criminology (part time) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we can't offer you a place on the course you applied for we may have vacancies available on other courses which might suit you.
Early Clearing hotline
+44 (0) 117 370 2618
If you are interested in studying with us in 2018 or have any questions about Clearing, call our Early Clearing hotline.