Postgraduates: Do More With Law
Brilliant prospects. Diverse careers.
We believe every student is unique - with different strengths and ambitions. We offer a rich portfolio of LLMs, a senior-status MA and many opportunities to explore careers within or beyond law. Our intellectually demanding, research-informed curriculum is delivered by academics who are leaders in their fields. Combining teaching and research excellence will enrich your learning experience and see you do more with law than you ever imagined possible.
Explore our new courses
Offering in-depth, intensive study in a range of areas, you will gain expertise in IT law, IP law, privacy and data protection, e-commerce and online business development, digital markets and virtual competition, and digital technology in legal practice.
This course offers in-depth, intensive study of law and regulation that can help tackle the environmental and sustainability challenges facing businesses, governments and not-for-profit organisations, as well as influence the relationships between business actors and their shareholders and stakeholders.
Watch the recordings of our latest virtual open day webinars below:
- Top three UK university for excellence in legal research (REF 2021)
- A Top 10 UK university and 61st in the world (QS World Rankings 2023)
- A Top 10 UK law school (Complete University Guide for Law 2023)
- One of the 10 most targeted universities by top UK employers (High Fliers 2021)
- Ninth best European university for teaching (THE 2019)
- One of the largest legal centres outside of London (Chambers Student) with access to global law firms, policy makers, NGOs, alumni mentors and more
- Home to a diverse range of internationally recognised centres of research excellence and world-renowned experts
- Exciting opportunities for real-life experiences of law through our numerous law clinics, exclusive placements and mentoring schemes.
Our wide range of distinctive LLMs offers a unique opportunity for our students and graduates to help shape and inform policy and legislation around the world and across many sectors.
An accelerated, fast-track, senior status postgraduate degree, with options for specialist study. Graduate in two years versus three with an LLB - and with a deeper understanding of law and legal reasoning than is possible with a one-year Graduate Diploma in Law.
Through our Human Rights Law Clinic, a student-led Pro Bono legal services and initiatives such as the Freedom Law Clinic, you can gain recognised, real-life experience of law that employers in a wide range of sectors will value. Further opportunites include mentoring schemes and legal tech placements.
With a rich calendar of career-focused activities and a strong collaboration between the School, our alumni, international law firms, non-governmental organisations and more, you will graduate with the skills, knowledge and contacts to fulfil your career aspirations and excel in or out of law.
Take a look at the Law School Employability Blog and gain insight into the opportunities our students have to start shaping their future careers.
Navigate through a virtual tour of the Law School, exploring the iconic Wills Memorial Building, library and state of the art teaching facilities.