Reporting lost or stolen data/hardware

If you suffer a data loss (or suspect that you may have) you must report the loss without delay to the Information Security Team (email: In your initial report, do not be too specific about the nature of the loss; make sure you provide contact details and we'll get back to you promptly.

If the loss is a result of a crime (for example theft) which involved University property or took place on University premises, you should also report the loss to the University's Security Services.

If you think that the loss may be covered by University insurance, please visit the Secretary Office's insurance website.