Personal Finance Research Centre
Welcome to the Personal Finance Research Centre
The Personal Finance Research Centre is an independent research centre that specialises in social research across all areas of personal finance, mainly from the consumer's perspective. Much of our work focuses on the following areas:
- Consumers in vulnerable situations.
- Financial confidence, capability and wellbeing.
- Financial exclusion and poverty.
- Money management and decision making.
- Credit use and over-indebtedness.
- Saving and retirement planning.
Our interdisciplinary team combines extensive empirical research skills with a detailed understanding of a range of social policy issues. Our work is influential in shaping public policy, and we provide technical and policy advice to government departments and others.
This guide offers an evidence-based foundation for addressing the poverty premium which considers the particular roles of business and government. It focuses on the three most significant areas of the poverty premium: household energy, insurance and credit.