This statement explains how the University of Bristol Events Team (Communications and Marketing) uses the personal information we collect from you.
We may make changes to this policy so please check from time to time for any updates.
We will only collect your data from the following
- You opting in to the University of Bristol public events mailing list
- Eventbrite sign-up and other ways of registering for one of our events
How we use the data we collect from you
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of the University of Bristol, apart from if you have opted in to partner mailing lists on event registration.
- We may contact registered attendees after an event to request feedback or send relevant post-event follow-up content.
- We will only add you to the events mailing list if you have given your consent for us to do so.
- We will use the details we collect to keep you informed about University of Bristol events.
- We will keep your contact details on our mailing list until you unsubscribe.
- We will store data from registering for one of our events in order to learn more about our event audiences.
- Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party software tools
Third party services collect certain technical information from your device including standard internet log information i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and page interaction information.
The University of Bristol uses a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our events newsletter.
We use a third-party provider, Eventbrite, to manage registration for and communications around our events.
We use a third-party provider, Zoom, to manage registration and host our virtual events.
- You have a right to withdraw your consent to be on the mailing list at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to have inaccurate data corrected. Please let us know if your data is inaccurate by emailing email@example.com.
- You have the right to access information held about you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
The Events Team, Communications and Marketing adheres to the University of Bristol's Information Security Policy.
If you have any questions about this policy, we will be happy to talk to you. Contact email@example.com.