Event resources and guidance
Most of our event resources and guidance are for in-person events.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are aware that most events will be virtual.
If you plan to hold in-person events, please ensure that they adhere to government Covid-19 secure guidance for gatherings at the time of being held, and are thoroughly risk assessed to mitigate the risk of viral transmission.
We have designed these resources to help University staff organise their own events, including lectures open to the public and public engagement activities.
Students/student societies wanting to book rooms can apply via the student society room request system.
What support is there available for my event?
- There are several toolkits available to assist in organising your event including a checklist and other useful documents.
- Find out more about the different events teams, what they do and how they can help you.
- If you believe your event will be significantly profile-raising for the University, find out how to apply for support from the Events team, Communications and Marketing.
- Funding for public events that meet the criteria is available through endowed lectures funds. Please do get in touch if you are interested in using any of these funds to support your event.
- There are many ways to promote your event, depending on the audiences that you are trying to reach. Find out more in our Promoting your event toolkit (Office document, 63kB)
- We run a bi-annual events forum for people who organise events across the University to come together to share best practice, resources and tackle common challenges.
- We also have a Yammer group and SharePoint site for shared resources. If you would like to be added to the events forum list, please contact email@example.com
- Event Checklist (Office document, 53kB)
- Briefing template (Office document, 37kB)
- Consent forms and warning notices for photography, video and testimonials:
- Promoting your event (Office document, 63kB)
- Evaluation (Office document, 116kB)
- Print services submission
- Risk assessment template (Office document, 41kB)
- Disability guidance for events (Office document, 88kB)
- Fire safety guidance for events organisers (Office document, 27kB)
This is a working document; your feedback can make sure it is helpful and relevant. Is there something we haven’t answered? Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org