PGR Ventures Fund
Get up to £500 to make your PGR-focused event, workshop or initiative a reality
Have you got an idea that would help to support PGRs in your subject area and beyond?
Have you spotted a gap in the training that’s available for Bristol’s postgraduate researchers?
Would you like to hold an event that will bring PGRs together — maybe even from different disciplines?
Our PGR Ventures Fund is a way for you to make your idea happen.
We want to hear from you by 10 December if you have an idea for a short-term event, workshop or initiative that can deliver transferable skills, training or resources that other PGRs will find useful.
How much money is available?
We expect to fund multiple projects. In each case, the maximum amount that we’ll contribute is £500.
What sort of projects will be funded?
The sort of projects that we’ve funded in the past include:
- training for PGRs undertaking fieldwork
- a writing retreat for international students
- an interdisciplinary workshop to discuss the future for humans and the technology they create
- a summer symposium on literary and visual landscapes.
However, as the aim behind the fund is to encourage grassroots innovation and creativity in Bristol’s PGR community, please don't feel that you have to restrict your ideas to these types of initiative.
What’s the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible for the fund, your initiative must:
- be led by PGRs currently enrolled at the University of Bristol
- benefit PGRs beyond the named applicants
- be innovative and address specific needs — such as skills training, public engagement with research, outreach activities or mentoring
- be supported by a supervisor.
Initiatives shouldn’t replicate those which are already offered by the University.
Your proposal must be achievable and realistic, and must be deliverable by 31 July 2018.
Additional information on the requirements can be found in our Guidelines for project planning and management (PDF, 80kB).
How can I apply?
To apply for the 2017–18 fund, please complete the PGR Ventures Fund application form and submit it by 11:59pm on Sunday 10 December 2017.
We aim to notify successful applicants within two weeks of the closing date.