- Winners of PGR funding pot announced 1 February 2018 Six applications from postgraduate research students will receive funding from the PGR Ventures Fund this year.
- Applications now open for Bristol's 2018 festival of postgraduate research 5 January 2018 Postgraduate research students are invited to apply to take part in Research without Borders 2018 - our flagship festival of research
- Bristol welcomes new Chinese PhD scholarship students 20 December 2017 The Bristol Doctoral College hosted a celebration event on 18 December for the 2017 cohort of China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD scholarship holders
- New doctoral training grant awarded to the University of Bristol 13 December 2017 The Bristol Doctoral College launches a Professional Development Programme for Industrial PhD researchers in Science and Engineering.
- PGR Ventures fund open for applications 17 November 2017 Are you a current postgraduate research student with a winning idea for a training session, event or workshop that could benefit other research students?
- The Bristol Doctoral College helps to welcome hundreds of new research students 16 November 2017 Hundreds of new postgraduate research students attend cross-disciplinary Inauguration Event.
- 20+ new scholarships available for mainland Chinese applicants 3 November 2017 At least 20 four-year PhD research scholarships to be offered to candidates starting in the 2018/19 academic year.
- Final countdown for Bristol’s astronauts star 29 September 2017 A Bristol PhD student has made it to the final of a TV programme to find out who has what it takes to be an astronaut.
- New scheme of dual doctorates announced 19 September 2017 Bristol partners with leading Australian university to offer first dual doctoral award.