** Please refer to the news section of the Finance intranet for latest updates on delivery or supply issues.
Note that Procurement are currently monitoring and approving ALL requistions and orders over £10,000. **
Information for staff
Quick tips for staff
- Check to see if there are any existing suppliers before getting quotes from new suppliers. MyERP and the Buying Guides on the Finance intranet pages will help you out.
- Make sure you know when to contact Procurement. Any purchasing activity over £25,000 (over 4 years) Procurement need to be involved.** We've some guidance here about this.
- Raise a purchase order in advance of agreeing to any work from a supplier.
- Make sure suppliers include delivery and duty charges in your order.
- Incoterms are an international set of rules for shipping. Ordering goods "DDP" from a supplier will mean your order will be Delivered Duty Paid. Anything that isn't DDP will mean that you are responsible for any customs and duty / tax charges, potentially leading to shipments getting delayed and additional costs for to your budget.
- You may also be responsbile for delivery to the University, so damage in transit might not be the supplier's fault.
- If you have a Corporate Credit Card, make sure you are familiar with how you should be using it to make purchases. We've help on this here.
- Refer to the Finance intranet for any further Procurement information, including a help with finding the right way to pay, understanding our procedures and latest news on suppliers and new contracts.
Please do contact any of the Procurement team or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Central Government has published enhanced guidance on seeking Social Value in procurement processes, that promotes sustainability and ethical sourcing.
If you have a new requirement, please contact the Procurement Team at email@example.com at an early stage so this can be assessed. This does not affect goods and services purchased through any existing agreements.