Information for staff
The Media & PR Team proactively tells the story of the University of Bristol to a global audience, through the media and our own digital channels.
We aim to:
- Promote the University globally for its excellent research with a focus on our Research Institutes and priorities
- Celebrate and promote our teaching excellence, and the success of our staff and students on an international stage
- Tell stories that demonstrate how our academics are solving global challenges and making a difference to people's lives
- Promote the University as a community of thinkers and global leaders
- Stay abreast of the international news agenda to identify issues and opportunities
- Protect, where necessary, the University's reputation
- Help you to promote your research or other success stories through the media
- Provide advice about the most appropriate media or channel
- Work with you to produce engaging content for a range of media
- Deliver media training and provide support for media interviews
- Produce media coverage reports and evaluation
- Offer professional, expert advice on reputational issues
More information on working with the Media & PR Team is available on Sharepoint [internal access only].
Contact the Media team
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2489
During out of office hours, journalists should call +44 (0)117 428 2489 to obtain contact details for the on-duty Media Manager.
Please note, members of the public should call the switchboard on +44 (0)117 928 9000 as we cannot respond to general enquiries.
Tips for talking to the media
Download the guidelines and preparing for interview document (PDF, 35kB) or find out more about our media training courses.