Why Choose Compass?
There is industry demand for PhD graduates with advanced skills in statistics and data science.
Compass will provide you with the skills and experience to further a career in data science:
- Training integrating statistical and computational methods for data analysis;
- A strong cohort-driven centre within the world-class School of Mathematics;
- A radical enhancement of traditional teaching. Fostering essential research skills, active learning and independence;
- Training in cutting-edge statistical and data science; providing an exposure to science "in action" via collaborative training with a range of partners;
- Opportunities for stimulating PhD research: reflecting Bristol's strengths across the spectrum of interdisciplinary and industrial collaboration.
Interested in a PhD in Data Science? Find out in this video from Dr Daniel Lawson, Compass CDT Co-Director, how data science research helped in the fight against COVID-19. What will make society better prepared in the future?
Subscribe to our blog for Compass news, events, and the latest research updates direct from our students.