Train with a team of world-leading researchers, industrial leaders, and government experts in a 4-year PhD programme in statistical and computational techniques of data science.
- Pierre Jacob (Harvard) to deliver lectures on Couplings and Monte Carlo March 2020
- Professor Gunnar Carlsson (Stanford) to visit Heilbronn Institute March 2020
- Milan Vojnovic (London School of Economics) visits The Jean Golding Institute February 2020
- Dr Jethro Browell (Strathclyde) leads Hackathon on Regional Electricity Demand Modelling Feb 2020
- Eric Moulines (Ecole Polytechnique) gives lectures on machine learning Jan 2020
A bespoke training course which enables students to develop knowledge and capability to pursue cross-disciplinary PhD research.
Areas of research within Compass
Ways to fund your PhD
The cross-disciplinary programme allows collaboration with internal and external partners.
Students will be co-located with the Institute for Statistical Science in the School of Mathematics, based in the historic Fry Building.