BrisSynBio publication policy
Key BrisSynBio information
BrisSynBio must be referred to as: “BrisSynBio, a BBSRC/EPSRC Synthetic Biology Research Centre”.
You must acknowledge the support of BrisSynBio for publications. Other funding sources can also be acknowledged. Acknowledgement should be in the form of an additional affiliation, for example: http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/org/woolfson/papers/paper116.pdf
Alternatively, in the Acknowledgement section if you do not receive direct funding but have used BrisSynBio-funded equipment: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.6b01008
Address: BrisSynBio, Life Sciences Building, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TQ, UK
Grant Number: BB/L01386X/1
Who does this apply to?
BrisSynBio publication guidelines (PDF, 640kB) (PDF, 1,107kB).
The following policy applies to all publications arising from research either funded by BrisSynBio, or based on results generated using BrisSynBio-supported equipment. To see what you must do, please read the appropriate section that best matches your situation:
- Policy for BrisSynBio-funded Post Doctoral Researchers, Bristol-based Synthetic Biology Centre for Doctoral Training students and PhD students registered on the DSTL SynBio / Materials DSTL PhD programme.
- Policy for Principle Investigators included in BrisSynBio project teams, leading on BrisSynBio funded equipment, affiliated with BrisSynBio, or in receipt of any BrisSynBio funding.
- Policy for Users of BrisSynBio Equipment (as listed in appendix 1).
- Appendix 1: BrisSynBio equipment.
- Appendix 2: Open Access policy and resources.
- Appendix 3: Pure, Open Access and the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
- Appendix 4: Contact details for the BrisSynBio office, and EPSRC and BBSRC press offices.
- Appendix 5: Resources and further information.
If you are uncertain as to which policy applies to you or your publication, please seek clarification from your line manager or the BrisSynBio Scientific Manager (see appendix 4).