How to pay your accommodation fees
You don't need to pay any accommodation fees until after you have moved into your accommodation and you have received an invoice. Your invoice will be produced the w/c 25 September 2017. You will be able to see your invoices online through the MyBristol portal. You must accept your accommodation offer before you can receive an invoice.
Once your invoice has been produced, you can then pay your fees. We prefer students to pay by direct debit, but alternatively we do accept payments online by credit/debit card.
Our fees flowchart (PDF 225KB) helps you see how and when you need to pay.
When to pay your fees
You can pay the full amount for the academic year in one payment, which can be made immediately, but the latest date for payment in full is the 24 October. Or, you can choose to pay in three instalments by setting up an online payment-plan through the MyBristol portal. The instalments will be taken from your account on the following dates:
- 24 October
- 24 January
- 24 April
The first instalment will be slightly larger: 40% of the total fee, followed by two smaller instalments of 30% each. Remember that your JCR and insurance payments will also be taken with your first instalment.
Setting up a payment
We prefer students to pay by Direct Debit. To make a Direct Debit payment or set up a Direct Debit payment plan, visit the MyBristol portal, Fees and Funding channel. The deadline for setting up a Direct Debit is 13 October.
- A direct debit authorises the University to take a payment from your bank account on the due date.
- We can only take payments from UK bank accounts that allow direct debit collection via the AUDDIS system. If you are uncertain whether this applies to your account, please contact your bank.
To make an individual online payment or set up a payment plan you will need to have completed registration and received your MyBristol login details. The deadline for setting up a payment plan is 20 October.
- Go to the Fees and Funding option in your MyBristol portal.
- To pay in instalments choose the option ‘Set up accommodation standard payment plan’.
- Payment will be taken automatically on the due dates.
You don't need to do anything more, unless the Income Office contact you.
Paying in full
If you do not choose to set up the accommodation standard payment plan, it will assume you want to pay in one instalment for the full amount. The Income Office will contact you regarding any unpaid amounts.
Cheque or banker's draft
Cheque and banker’s draft payments can be made at the Income Office in Senate House. Cheques and banker's drafts should be made payable to ‘University of Bristol’.
Please pay through our Pay to Study account. Pay to Study is an international payment solution which offers competitive exchange rates. Where Pay to Study has a local bank account, all wire fee charges will be eliminated, and you will be able to pay in your local currency to a local bank account. The benefits of paying through Pay to Study include:
- International sender or receiver fees reduced or eliminated.
- Preferential exchange rates.
- Pay in your local currency to a local bank account (where Pay to Study has a local bank account).
- 24-hour online tracking of all payments.
- 24-hour customer service.
- Receipt of all payments issued to the sender and the University.
You must quote your student number when making a bank transfer, otherwise there could be problems matching the payment to your invoice.
To pay by bank transfer you will need the following details:
Account name: University of Bristol Fees Account
Sort code: 20-13-42
Account number: 90923583
IBAN: GB14 BARC 2013 4290 9235 83
SWIFT code: BARCGB22
Bank name: Barclays Bank
Bank address: 53-55 Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3EA
Who to contact
If you have queries about how to pay accommodation fees, or you have a problem with making a payment, contact the Income Office on +44 (0)117 95 46372 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.