The Courtrooms East Residential Village
The Courtrooms is a self-catered residence for undergraduate students that also offers 20 studio apartments for postgraduates. It is situated in the heart of Bristol’s vibrant city centre, and is around a 15 minute walk to the University campus.
From £215 per week
Images and video of The Courtrooms
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of The Courtrooms
Getting to the campus
- 0.6 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
Rupert Street, Bristol, BS1 2AF
This residence is part of our East Residential Village. Home to nearly 4000 of our students, the East Village residences are based in and around Bristol city centre. East Village Residences are within easy walking distance of the University campus, and benefit from an endless supply of shops, cafes and bars. Nearby shopping centres include Cabot Circus, The Galleries and Broadmead, which together have over 500 stores, cafes and restaurants. There are cinemas and theatres, as well as Bristol’s vibrant Harbourside, which hosts many festivals and events throughout the year, and is a popular area for nights out. Students living in our East Village Residences have access to a 24/7 Student Support Centre based in The Hawthorns. Find out more about the East Residential Village.
Accommodation fees for 2021/22
|Room types available||Available beds||Weekly fee||Total fee|
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 51 weeks (11 September 2021 - 3 September 2022) and covers the duration of the academic year. You must ensure you have familiarised yourself with the terms and conditions of accepting a tenancy with us and are prepared to pay rent for the full tenancy duration before you proceed with your accommodation application.
- Run in partnership with The Student Housing Company, the University is the landlord.
- Studio flats only available for postgraduates
- This residence cannot be allocated to students who require assistance with evacuating the building
- Adapted rooms for people with restricted mobility available
- Adapted rooms for wheelchair users available
- Beds small double size (4ft/122cm wide) in flats and standard double in studios
- Internet access (Ask4) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Common room
- Study room
How to apply
To apply for this residence you will need to add it as one of your preferences when making your accommodation application. Choice of residence is not guranteed and rooms are not allocated on a first come first served basis. Every applicant stands an equal chance of being allocated one of their preferences. See our information on choosing your preferences for more information.