We guarantee to make you an offer of accommodation in our University residences, as long as you meet the criteria and deadlines listed below.
Postgraduate accommodation guarantee for 2022/23 entry
We guarantee you an offer of University-allocated accommodation if you apply by 30 June 2022 and meet the following conditions:
- you are a new full-time postgraduate student in your first year of study,
- coming to study at Bristol for the first time,
- starting your studies by 1 November 2022,
- paying fees at the overseas rate,
- firmly accepted your offer of study at Bristol,
- unaccompanied (this means you are coming without dependent family members, spouses or partners),
- you are here for a full academic year.
Please note that in order to fulfil our guarantee we may offer you a room that is not in our advertised residence.
The guarantee does not apply to students who:
- pay fees at the home rate,
- miss the application deadline,
- have previously studied at the University of Bristol (for any length of time, online or in person),
- have previously moved into University-allocated accommodation (for any length of time),
- are accompanied by their partners or family. Please see our couple and family accommodation.
If you do not meet the criteria of the accommodation guarantee, visit our non-guaranteed applicants page. It will tell you how to find alternative accommodation.
The guarantee deadline for international students is usually 30 June but there are a small number exceptions to that. If you think you are an exception please contact the International Office and they will let us know whether we need to extend your guarantee deadline.