Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students
The Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students is responsible for creating a dynamic environment for inspiring, challenging, and research-rich teaching, curriculum and assessment at the University.
Role and responsibilities
The Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students:
- provides academic leadership for enhancing and developing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- is responsible for delivering the University’s Education and Student Experience Strategy
- oversees teaching and learning
- oversees assessment and feedback
- oversees the curriculum.
Professor Tansy Jessop (she/her) became Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education in July 2019.
In January 2023, the remit of the role expanded and it was renamed Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students.
Professor Tansy Jessop's biography
Tansy Jessop was born in South Africa and educated at the universities of Cape Town and KwaZulu-Natal. She completed her PhD at the University of Southampton and worked as an education consultant for DFID and the British Council in Palestine and India. She was Professor of Research-Informed Teaching at Solent University and Head of Learning and Teaching at the University of Winchester. She leads the 'Transforming the Experience of Students through Assessment' (TESTA) research and change project, now used across the world. She has published on assessment and feedback, research-informed teaching, learning spaces and social justice in education, and was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in 2016 for her work on TESTA and her creative approach to teaching in higher education.
Expenses are published every 6 months for all members of the Executive Group. Download Professor Jessop's expenses.
Expenses for 2023/24 will be published once available.
- Executive group expenses summary: 1 February 2023 - 31 July 2023 (PDF, 170kB)
- Executive group expenses summary: 1 August 2022 - 31 January 2023 (PDF, 164kB)
- Executive group expenses summary: 1 February 2022 - 31 July 2022 (PDF, 109kB)
- Professor Jessop did not incur any expenses from 1 August 2021 to 31 January 2022.
- Professor Jessop did not incur any expenses from 1 February 2021 to 31 July 2021.
- Professor Jessop did not incur any expenses from 1 August 2020 to 31 January 2021.
For expenses prior to academic year 2020/21, please contact the office directly.
View the management and organisational structures at the University.
Personal insights from the Executive Group on the projects they're working on.