Wills Hall 101 Scholarship
Undergraduate applicants can apply for funding towards first year accommodation in Wills Hall.
For 2023 entry, there will be two awards of £4,000 towards accommodation in Wills Hall, which will be given as a rent reduction, applied termly pro rata.
The recipient will be guaranteed a room in Wills Hall for the first year of study only and will be given free life membership of the Hall's alumni body, the Wills Hall Association.
An additional £400 is available on application to the Chair of the Scholarships Board towards travel, books or equipment, or equivalent expenses.
You can apply if:
- you have accepted an offer to study at Bristol for an undergraduate degree.
- you have chosen or will choose Wills Hall as your first choice of accommodation.
- your household income is £42,875 or less.
- this is your first undergraduate degree, or you have undertaken no more than one year of previous study before.
How to apply
You can apply for the Wills Hall 101 Scholarship when you have accepted your offer to study at Bristol.
We advise you to apply as soon as you can.
- Complete the online application form.
- You will need to give brief details of academic and non-academic achievements and an estimate of household income.
- The form includes a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining how this award would support your ambitions for study at the University of Bristol and as a resident of Wills Hall, including your potential contribution to Hall life.
- Apply for means-tested funding from the regional funding provider e.g. Student Finance England and consent for your household income details to be shared with the University.
Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday 19 May 2023.
Applications will be considered by a scholarships board.
This will be chaired by the Chair of the Wills Hall Association and will include a member of the University’s Residential Life team.
Wills Hall is one of the University's halls of residence. It is situated at the heart of a beautiful estate in Stoke Bishop and enjoys unparalleled access to open spaces, on-site sports facilities, and elegant indoor facilities.
The 101 Scholarships Fund has been established from legacies and donations made by former residents of Wills Hall. It aims to make residence in Wills Hall possible for students who might not be able to afford the full fees but wish to experience the best that Wills Hall can offer them as undergraduates.
The scholarship will be awarded annually between 2022 and 2030 (which would be the 101st anniversary of the Hall's foundation). Two awards will be made during 2023/24 year and one annually after that.