Black Bristol PGCE Scholarships
Black UK applicants can apply for a scholarship towards the cost of undertaking a PGCE course.
Four scholarships of £5,000 are available in 2023/24.
Successful applicants will be enrolled on one of the University’s PGCE courses.
These awards are funded by donations from University of Bristol alumni and friends.
You can apply if you:
- have one of the following categories of ethnicity:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- hold an offer to study on a PGCE or GITEP programme in 2023/24 having been awarded a place following a successful interview;
- are a resident in the United Kingdom;
- are a Home/UK student;
- are eligible for the financial support available from the UK Government (in the form of the tuition fee and living costs loans from the Student Loans Company);
- have applied for or intend to apply for means-tested support from your regional funding provider (e.g. Student Finance England) and have consented to share your household income details with the University.
Applicants must apply for means-tested support to enable the University to get confirmation of your household income from the Student Loans Company. However, you will not be required to take out any loans you are eligible to receive if you do not wish to take them.
How to apply
Apply using the PGCE Scholarships for Black and mixed Black heritage students online application form.
There will be two application rounds for the Black Bristol PGCE Scholarship.
|Application Round||Date application opens||Date application closes|
|Round one||28 November 2022||17 March 2023|
|Round two||27 March 2023||21 August 2023|
You will be told whether your scholarship application was successful on the following dates:
- Round one: 27 March 2023
- Round two: 25 August 2023