The University of Bristol Run Series
Run, jog or walk your way to the finish line and be part of the #WeAreBristol community.
What is the Bristol Run Series?
The Bristol Run Series comprises a number of virtual and in-person events, which take place between February - May, and is designed to get you active, irrespective of where you are in the world!
You don't need to be an experienced runner to take part, and you'll get access to our support hub including training plans, videos and blogs from our expert staff!
Bristol Run Series 2024
We're working hard behind the scenes to finalise plans for another great series for 2024! Come back to this page later in the autumn to find out how you can take part, in either the whole series or just one event.
If you'd like to be the first to hear about Bristol Run Series 2024, you can pre-register now, via the link below!
Sign up to the Bristol Run Series here:
The 2024 Run Series is coming soon. Complete the form to express your interest in participating, and be first to hear about the programme launch.
How to take part:
Wow! We love your enthusiasm, but sign ups for Bristol Run Series 2024 aren't open just yet! Here's how it usually works:
- Register online for your chosen event(s)
- Choose which day, between the start and end dates of the event period, you're going to complete your distance - whether it's virtually or at an in-person event
- Ready, set, GO! Track yourself using an app or fitness watch
- Send a screenshot of your completed event to email@example.com to make sure it counts!
We are also proud to support and promote the Healthy Minds programme. The Healthy Minds programme supports students experiencing mental health difficulties. They are referred by either the Student Counselling Service or the Mental Health Advisory Service. Students then work with activity mentors from the Fitness Team to develop a bespoke programme to improve their mental health, including accessible, social and inclusive classes, gym-based activity and social activity.
The programme is free for students thanks to the generosity of Bristol’s donor community, and participants have reported a wellbeing improvement of 49% following completion.
Training and community support:
- Visit our support hub for training plans and guidance from our team of experts to help you to the finish line
- Join the conversation in our Run Series community group on Facebook
- Join the University of Bristol Strava club
- Share your training by tagging us on Instagram and using #BristolUniRun #WeAreBristol
Feedback and engagement:
The team delivering the Bristol Run Series are passionate about using physical activity to improve both physical and mental wellbeing. This ethos is encourporated at the heart of our programme, and analysis of feedback from 2022 highlighted that 93% of participants felt that the Bristol Run Series had a definite or very probable positive impact on their mental wellbeing, with 80% suggesting that there was a definite or very probably positive impact on their physcal wellbeing.
To help avoid or treat any injuries you may sustain during your training, we'd recommend getting in touch with our Sports Medicine Clinic, where we offer Physiotherapy, Sports massage & Osteopathy.