The University of Bristol Run Series
Whatever your running experience, we invite you to join us for one, two or all three of the virtual events in our Run Series in 2021. Be a part of our supportive running community of students, staff and alumni, and discover the positive impact that getting active can have on your everyday, this year.
How to take part
Follow the links below and sign-up to one, two or all events in the Run Series.
Join our community
- Join the University of Bristol Strava club and join the relevant Strava event
- Join our University of Bristol Run Series community group on Facebook
- Share your training with us on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #BristolUniRun #WeAreBristol
- Choose a training plan and access top tips through our support hub
Cross the finish line
- Add #BristolUniRun to your completed run in Strava
- For non-Strava users, send us a screenshot of your completed run to email@example.com
Run Series medal
- During the online registration, you will have the option to purchase a Run Series performance tee and an exclusive Run Series medal.
- Each event in the Series has its own bespoke medal featuring some of Bristol’s iconic landmarks. Take part in all three events and interlock your medals to create one complete Run Series medal. Commit to the whole series and get all three medals for free!
Sign up to one, two or all three of our events below. All events in the Run Series are free to enter.
Sign up - Virtual 5k run - 20 to 21 March 2021
The virtual 5k run kicks off our 2021 Run Series over the 20 and 21 March. Click to sign up.
Sign up- Virtual 10 k run - 8 to 16 May 2021
Build on your 5k training and sign up to complete a virtual 10k between the 8 and 16 May 2021
Sign up - Half marathon - 18 to 26 September 2021
Take part in the half marathon, our 21.1 km Run Series finale, over the 18 and 26 of September 21. Sign-up opens in March 21.
Sign up - The WHOLE Series
Sign up & participate in the whole Bristol Run Series: 5k, 10k & half marathon.
To help avoid or treat any injuries you may sustain during your training, we'd recommend getting in touch with our Sports Medicine Clinic, where we offer Physiotherapy, Sports massage, Osteopathy & Acupuncture.
Grab a #WeAreBristol performance t-shirt, supporting the Bristol Run Series, for £6 either through the University of Bristol Online Shop or during sign-up for any events in the Series.
Crafted from a lightweight Neoteric™ fabric that wicks sweat away from the skin to ensure you stay cool and dry, this T-shirt will take the heat off you whether you're working out or taking part in our Run Series.
Performance tees will be available for collection, restrictions permitting, and UK and International postage options are available at check out.
Access our support hub full of resources to help you get over the finish line, including a variety of training plans for all abilities, plus information, advice and guidance curated by our in-house experts, on topics such as route planning, injury prevention, nutrition and sport psychology.
Charities: Healthy Minds & NHS Charities
In 2020, when The Great Run Company had to make the decision cancel the Great Bristol 10k due to Covid-19, over £4,000 was raised for Healthy Minds and NHS Charities Together thanks to those of you who donated your registration fees rather than getting a refund.
From your feedback, the Bristol Run Series will continue to support both charities and you will be given the option to add a donation when you sign up to any of our Run Series events.
Our virtual 10k runners can still go the extra mile & combine their training with fundraising for the University of Bristol’s Healthy Minds programme. Support your own mental & physical wellbeing whilst raising funds to support the wellbeing of our students.
NHS Charities Together provides a forum for nationwide fundraising & advocacy campaigns; specialist advice & guidance; bespoke conferences & training opportunities, as well as access to online resources & support through exclusive member pages on our website.