Occupational Health Service
We support staff and students at the University of Bristol to stay healthy in their work and study environment.
We're open Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:30.
If you have a needlestick injury, call the needlestick hotline on 0117 342 3400.
Find and download forms for work and study health.
Answers to commonly asked questions.
Download information and directions for your Occupational Health appointment.
How we support staff
Every person working at the University plays an important part in our collective achievements, and the top priority for the Occupational Health team is to keep staff healthy and well whilst they deliver their work. We do this through:
- pre-employment health screenings for work involving hazardous activities,
- health surveillance including respiratory monitoring, audiometry, hand-arm vibration assessments, vaccinations, and blood tests,
- help for staff with existing health conditions to manage those at work,
- advice for managers about phased returns and workplace adjustments for staff who have been away from work for health reasons.
How we support students
The Occupational Health Service is provided for some student groups within the Faculty of Health Sciences and School of Education on courses with occupational fitness to practice requirements. This includes:
- assessments of pre-course health questionnaires,
- occupational vaccinations and blood tests for medical and dental students,
- referrals for health issues that are affecting your studies.