Treasure's description

Bristol en fête

Bristol en fête

On 9 June 1925 King George V and Queen Mary came to Bristol to open a new University of Bristol building, the Wills Memorial Building, which had been designed by Sir George Oatley. This photograph shows the royal carriage driving along St Augustine’s Parade (known as the Tramway Centre) at a time when boats still docked in the centre of Bristol. DM251/26