Why transfer to Bristol
We are ranked one of top 10 universities in the UK. You will learn from some of the best scholars in the world and live in one of the most diverse, safe and beautiful cities in the UK.
One of the most popular universities in the UK
- Routinely ranked within the top 10 universities in the UK in the QS World University Rankings.
- Our graduates are highly employable. Fourth most targeted university by The Times Top 100 UK Employers.
- Join a newtork of alumni, developing careers in over 170 countries.
- We welcome students and staff from over 120 countries creating a diverse and stimulating community.
- We have 150+ international exchange partners across the world.
You will fall in love with the city
- Bristol was named among the top five best cities to visit worldwide by Rough Guides 2017
- A cultural capital that will quickly feel like home.
- Offers over 1,000 years of history to explore.
- A thriving urban centre, the city is packed with green spaces.
- 90 minutes from London and a gateway to the beaches of the South West.
Find out more about the city.
A safe welcoming community and exclusive support
Safe and welcoming
The city has been awarded Purple flag status which recognises it as being a safe place to go out in. From the moment you decide to transfer to Bristol you will become part of a community of transfer students who will help make you feel at home quickly.
Bristol Buddies scheme
You will be paired with one of our current students before you arrive on our Bristol Buddies scheme. They can give advice on what to expect when you get here and are here to welcome and support you when you arrive. They are a friendly point of contact for any questions or worries during your studies.
When you arrive our team will introduce you to our student societies which are great for making friends. We will provide advice on how to take care of yourself while you are here. During your studies we will help you prepar for career success after you graduate.
Find out more about student life at Bristol.
- The largest city in the South West
- Population of 449,300
- 90 minutes from London
- Easy access to nearby cities, beaches and rolling landscapes
- Georgian architecture, colourful graffiti and harbourside living
Explore 360-degree views and photographs of our campus.