- Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
- Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- Scholarship information
- British Council in Libya
- Our representatives in Libya
- Meet current students online
Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
You can apply for undergraduate programmes either through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or the Common Application. Please use only one method of applying. If you are using UCAS to apply for other UK universities, please also make your University of Bristol application through UCAS and do not use the Common Application.
The UCAS code name and number for this University is BRISL B78.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-Levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. Entry requirements are listed in our Undergraduate Prospectus.
- If you have studied the American curriculum, entry requirements are listed on our USA country page.
- Applicants with the Secondary Education Certificate will normally require a foundation course for entry onto undergraduate degree programmes at the University. Generally, an overall average of 80% is required with 80% in relevant subjects.
Please note that this information is guidance only. Competition for places at Bristol is very strong and every application to the University is considered on its individual merits. We aim to get you a response as quickly as possible to help you plan your studies.
Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
You can apply online for all our postgraduate programmes.
The standard requirement for entry to a taught masters programme at Bristol is an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1).
- Applicants with a degree of four years duration from a recognised institution with a score of 80% or GPA of 3.0 can be considered for entry to a Masters programme.
- For entry to a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Masters degree.
Think Big scholarships - New for 2018, the University of Bristol is delighted to launch the new Think Big scholarship scheme. 52 scholarships are available to international applicants for undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes at the University of Bristol. Information on eligibility and how to apply can be found at bristol.ac.uk/international-scholarships. If you have any specific queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Scholarships & Sponsors team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about scholarships is available from the University's Student Funding Office.
British Council in Libya
The British Council has offices in more than 100 countries. Many of them are able to give guidance and information regarding Higher Education in the UK. Please visit their website to see if there is an office near you, and find out what services may be available.
Our representatives in Libya
The University has agreements with a number of education representatives (also known as agents) around the world, who can assist you with your application. Please note that using a representative does not put your application at any advantage or disadvantage when the academic decisions are made within the department. Independent applications will be considered on an equal basis.
Please use the services of only one representative to avoid administrative complications. We also strongly advise you to work only with a representative listed on our website.
Our registered representatives in your country:
Meet current students online
The University Students' Union has a number of cultural societies. You can check their website to see the whole range of clubs and societies that are here.