We have small number of Latvian students currently studying at the University of Bristol at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.

Entry requirements for undergraduate courses

You can apply for undergraduate programmes either through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or the Common Application. Please use only one method of applying. If you are using UCAS to apply for other UK universities, please also make your University of Bristol application through UCAS and do not use the Common Application.

The UCAS code name and number for this University is BRISL B78.

Applicants with good grades in the Atestats par visparejo videjo izglitibu (Certificate of General Secondary Education) who have also successfully completed an appropriate Foundation programme will be considered for admission to 1st year of our Bachelor degree courses.

Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes

You can apply online for all our postgraduate programmes.

The standard requirement for entry to a taught masters programme at Bristol is an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1).

Applicants who have completed a Magistrs since 2000 can be considered for research programmes. Those with a Magistrs achieved before can be considered for taught Masters programmes at Bristol.

Scholarship information

Further information about financial help for EU students is available from the University's Student Funding Office.

British Council in Latvia

The British Council has offices in more than 100 countries, including Latvia. Many of them are able to give guidance and information regarding Higher Education in the UK.

Meet current students online

Find out what our current international students think about life in Bristol on our international Facebook page or read our student profiles.

The University Students' Union has a number of cultural societies. You can check their website to see the whole range of clubs and societies that are here.

English language requirements

Student using headphones

If English is not your first language, please refer to our English language requirements.

Visits to your country

Airline travel tags

You can meet and talk to our staff at exhibitions held in your country; find out when we are visiting you schedule of overseas visits.

Edit this page