Professor Ellwood presents at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event 15 November 2018 Professor Sheila Ellwood, Professor of Financial Reporting in the Department of Accounting and Finance, presented at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event at the House of Lords hosted by Lord Bichard on Wednesday 7th November.
- Professor Ellwood presents at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event 15 November 2018 Professor Sheila Ellwood, Professor of Financial Reporting in the Department of Accounting and Finance, presented at the 'Sex, Politics and Policy' event at the House of Lords hosted by Lord Bichard on Wednesday 7th November.
- How fair is the education system in England? 13 November 2018 Simon Burgess, Professor of Economics in the Department of Economics, evaluates equity in education.
- Festival of Economics 2018 31 October 2018 The Festival of Economics comes to Bristol Wednesday 7th – Saturday 10 November 2018, We the Curious (At-Bristol)
- Department of Economics welcomes new colleagues 29 October 2018 We are welcoming several new members of staff to the Department of Economics this term.
- Is management consultancy really global? 23 October 2018 Andrew Sturdy, Professor of Management and Organisation in the Department of Management, reveals a different picture.
- Senior Lecturer awarded with Best Paper Award 6 August 2018 Congratulations to Humphrey Bourne, Senior Lecturer in Management who has just been awarded the 2017 Best Paper Award from Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly – the journal that features nonprofits, philanthropy, and voluntarism and their impact on society.
- Summer School study boost – one student’s experience 26 July 2018 Carlos Vincent Chua, an Economics student, spent a week during the Oxford Summer School working on Economic Networks. Find out how he found this experience a great boost to his studies.
- Pupils from immigrant backgrounds think more positively about education and its benefits 23 July 2018 Students from an immigrant background have more positive attitudes about education and its benefits than their native peers, according to a new study led jointly by Professor Simon Burgess, with our Department of Economics, and the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Is 007 really a model employee? 12 July 2018 Martin Parker, Professor of Organisational Studies at the Department of Management, makes the case.
- Always wondered what it’s like to be an economist? 5 July 2018 We opened our doors to Year 10 students, so they could find out.