Information for staff
The Media & PR Team proactively tells the story of the University of Bristol to a global audience, through the media and our own digital channels.
We aim to:
- Promote the University globally for its excellent research with a focus on our Research Institutes and priorities
- Celebrate and promote our teaching excellence, and the success of our staff and students on an international stage
- Tell stories that demonstrate how our academics are solving global challenges and making a difference to people's lives
- Promote the University as a community of thinkers and global leaders
- Stay abreast of the international news agenda to identify issues and opportunities
- Protect, where necessary, the University's reputation
- Help you to promote your research or other success stories through the media
- Provide advice about the most appropriate media or channel
- Work with you to produce engaging content for a range of media
- Deliver media training and provide support for media interviews
- Produce media coverage reports and evaluation
- Offer professional, expert advice on reputational issues
More information on how to publicise your work.
Contact the Media team
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 2489
During out of office hours, journalists should call +44 (0)117 428 2489 to obtain contact details for the on-duty Media Officer.
Tips for talking to the media
Download the guidelines and preparing for interview document (PDF, 35kB) or find out more about our media training courses.