The hub can provide comprehensive support and guidance, whether your plans for Classics are modest or ambitious.
What we can offer:
- Tailored language training to equip non-specialist teachers at primary and secondary level with the skills to introduce Latin, Ancient Greek, Classical Civilisation or Ancient History into their schools;
- 'Refresher' days for teachers who would like to brush up on their language teaching;
- Advice and guidance for schools wishing to introduce classical subjects for the first time;
- Mentoring opportunities for teachers;
- ‘Consult a lecturer’ service;
- Support with writing applications to grant-making bodies (such as Classics for All);
- Events, competitions and workshops for school students at all Key Stages;
- Support with accessing textbooks and resources, and access to the University library.
Classical subjects can benefit schools and students in a number of ways.