- Latin training for PGCE English trainees at UWE Bristol 14 February 2020 PGCE English trainees and mentors at UWE are being introduced to the benefits of Latin, thanks to the efforts and enthusiasm of Course Lead, Joan Foley.
- Exploring Word Roots at Cheltenham Ladies' College 7 February 2020 We organised a teacher training session on 'Exploring Word Roots' at Cheltenham Ladies' College, helping local KS2/KS3 teachers to introduce Latin for literacy into their classrooms.
- GCSE & A Level Greek Theatre Workshops 24 January 2020 On Wednesday 22nd January 2020, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a day of Greek theatre workshops for local GCSE & A Level students at the Wills Memorial Building.
- Ovid in the West Country prize-giving 2019 12 January 2020 On Wednesday 4th December 2019, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for our third annual 'Ovid in the West Country' competition for schools, run in collaboration with UWE Bristol.
- Launching 'Ovid in the West Country' 2019 8 July 2019 On 3rd July, we held a workshop to introduce secondary English teachers to the format of our annual 'Ovid in the West Country' competition.
- Myths and materials to enhance science capital at KS3: ‘Science of Stories’ in action 2 July 2019 The Science of Stories resource booklet, developed by Dr Genevieve Liveley in collaboration with Classics and Science teachers across the South West, is proving very popular in schools this term.
- Reflecting on 'The Roman Emperor as Egyptian Pharaoh' School Workshops 30 April 2019 This year, Classics PhD student Maiken Mosleth King created a school workshop entitled 'The Roman Emperor as Egyptian Pharaoh'. The aim of this workshop was to supplement the curriculum for students studying GCSE and A-Levels in Classics, Latin or Ancient History. It introduced students to the often-overlooked Roman province of Egypt, and broadened student understanding of how the imperial power was perceived and conceptualised outside Italy. In this article, Maiken reflects on her experiences.
- April 2019 Newsletter 10 April 2019 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub, packed with information about upcoming events, training days, and resources, as well as details of the current workshops we offer and reports of our recent events.
- 100 GCSE and A-Level Students attend the Hub's second annual Classical Civilisation Conference 13 March 2019 On 7 March, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted its second annual GCSE and A-Level Classical Civilisation conference. The programme was tailored to current exam specifications for those studying Classical Civilisation, but was also designed to appeal to those studying Latin, Ancient Greek, Ancient History, or those interested in studying a classical subject at university.
- The Song of Arms and a Man 13 February 2019 The Bristol Classics Hub was delighted to support the second production of ‘The Song of Arms and a Man’, a live retelling of Virgil’s ‘Aeneid’ in the original spoken Latin.