'Ovid in the West Country' Prize-giving 2018 12 December 2018 On Wednesday 5th December 2018, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for the second annual 'Ovid in the West Country' competition for schools.
- 'Ovid in the West Country' Prize-giving 2018 12 December 2018 On Wednesday 5th December 2018, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for the second annual 'Ovid in the West Country' competition for schools.
- Classics Teach-Meets in Bath and Bristol 30 November 2018 This year we held two Classics Teach-Meets, the first at the Royal High School in Bath on 14th November 2018, and the second at the University of Bristol on 28th November 2018. Both events saw primary and secondary teachers in and around the South West come together to network, share ideas, and relate their experiences of teaching classics to colleagues and peers.
- September 2018 Newsletter 28 September 2018 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. With the term well underway, this edition of the newsletter contains information about upcoming Classics events, initiatives, and projects, as well as information regarding the school workshops we will be offering this year.
- School students ‘graduate’ from the first Classics & Ancient History university taster course. 2 May 2018 The first cohort of students from schools and colleges across the Bristol area have ‘graduated’ from a unique scheme which gives them an insight into studying Classics and Ancient History at university.
- April 2018 - important hub updates and announcements 19 April 2018 We'll be sending a more complete newsletter towards the end of the summer term as usual but this update contains some important information about new data protection regulations, staffing changes at the hub, and some upcoming events in May and June.
- March 2018 newsletter 22 March 2018 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. With the Easter holidays fast approaching, this edition of the newsletter contains a round-up of Classics-related news from the Spring term and highlights some upcoming events and opportunities.
- Reflecting on 'Experiencing War in the Ancient World' workshops 21 March 2018 This year, Dr Hannah-Marie Chidwick designed and delivered a number of workshops on the theme of warfare in the ancient world. Below, Hannah-Marie provides a brief summary of this project.
- Bookings now open for JACT Latin Summer School 2018 1 February 2018 Bookings are now open for the JACT Latin Summer School - a 12 day course for those who would like to learn Latin or to develop their language skills. The course will be held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset from Monday 23rd July - Saturday 4th August 2018.
- 'The Case for Classics' at The Roman Baths 31 January 2018 On Monday 29th January, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a ‘Case for Classics’ event at The Roman Baths, in collaboration with the ‘Advocating Classics Education’ project (ACE Classics), led by Professor Edith Hall and Dr Arlene Holmes-Henderson from King’s College, London.
- 'Ovid in the West Country' celebration event 2018 14 December 2017 On Wednesday 6th December 2017, the Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for the inaugural 'Ovid in the West Country competition.'