- Bookings now open for JACT Latin Summer School 2018 1 February 2018 Bookings are now open for the JACT Latin Summer School - a 12 day course for those who would like to learn Latin or to develop their language skills. The course will be held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset from Monday 23rd July - Saturday 4th August 2018.
- 'The Case for Classics' at The Roman Baths 31 January 2018 On Monday 29th January, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a ‘Case for Classics’ event at The Roman Baths, in collaboration with the ‘Advocating Classics Education’ project (ACE Classics), led by Professor Edith Hall and Dr Arlene Holmes-Henderson from King’s College, London.
- 'Ovid in the West Country' celebration event 2018 14 December 2017 On Wednesday 6th December 2017, the Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for the inaugural 'Ovid in the West Country competition.'
- December 2017 newsletter 14 December 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. With the Christmas holidays fast approaching, this edition of the newsletter contains a round-up of Classics-related news from the Autumn term and highlights some exciting events and opportunities coming up in the new year.
- Sharing ideas at the hub's first Classics TeachMeet 23 November 2017 On 16th November, the Bristol Classics Hub organised the first Classics TeachMeet Event at the University of Bristol.
- September 2017 newsletter 26 September 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. The summer holidays may already feel like a distant memory but we have lots of Classics-related news to share with you this month!
- July 2017 newsletter 18 July 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. The summer term has been the busiest period of the academic year for the hub and there is a great deal of exciting Classics activity to report on this month.
- The year in review: school updates - July 2017 17 July 2017 Since September 2016, the hub has supported the introduction or development of Classics in 12 secondary schools and 8 primary schools across the South West region. This year, over 60 teachers have received training in Classics through the hub and, as a result, from September 2017 over 1500 students in local schools will have the opportunity to study a classical subject for the first time. Classics is thriving in the South West and this is a testament to the ambition and enthusiasm of committed teachers across the region. It has been a real privilege to work with you all this year and we look forward to providing further support to new and existing partner schools next year. Here is a brief snapshot of just some of the work that has been going on in schools this term.
- Access to Bristol introduces a new Classics and Ancient History stream 14 July 2017 We are delighted to announce that from October 2017 there will be a dedicated Classics and Ancient History stream in the Access to Bristol scheme.
- May 2017 newsletter 22 May 2017 Welcome to the second e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. To receive this via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and type 'subscribe classics-hub' in the subject line.