- September 2017 newsletter 26 September 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. The summer holidays may already feel like a distant memory but we have lots of Classics-related news to share with you this month!
- July 2017 newsletter 18 July 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. The summer term has been the busiest period of the academic year for the hub and there is a great deal of exciting Classics activity to report on this month.
- The year in review: school updates - July 2017 17 July 2017 Since September 2016, the hub has supported the introduction or development of Classics in 12 secondary schools and 8 primary schools across the South West region. This year, over 60 teachers have received training in Classics through the hub and, as a result, from September 2017 over 1500 students in local schools will have the opportunity to study a classical subject for the first time. Classics is thriving in the South West and this is a testament to the ambition and enthusiasm of committed teachers across the region. It has been a real privilege to work with you all this year and we look forward to providing further support to new and existing partner schools next year. Here is a brief snapshot of just some of the work that has been going on in schools this term.
- Access to Bristol introduces a new Classics and Ancient History stream 14 July 2017 We are delighted to announce that from October 2017 there will be a dedicated Classics and Ancient History stream in the Access to Bristol scheme.
- May 2017 newsletter 22 May 2017 Welcome to the second e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. To receive this via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and type 'subscribe classics-hub' in the subject line.
- April 2017: the Bristol Classics Hub at the CA and WCC conferences 18 May 2017 In April, the Bristol Classics Hub was represented at the Women's Classical Committee AGM and the Classical Association Annual Conference.
- Students from Clevedon School and Pierce School in Athens visit Bath together 18 May 2017
- March 2017 newsletter 28 March 2017 Welcome to the first e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. To receive this via email, please email email@example.com and type 'subscribe classics-hub' in the subject line.
- 70 GCSE and A Level students attend the hub’s first Classical Civilisation study day 23 March 2017 On Monday 20th March, we were delighted to welcome 70 students and 15 teachers to a Classical Civilisation Study Day in the Wills Memorial Building.
- Classics Summer Schools: new courses available for teachers in 2017 7 February 2017