- School students ‘graduate’ from the first Classics & Ancient History university taster course. 2 May 2018 The first cohort of students from schools and colleges across the Bristol area have ‘graduated’ from a unique scheme which gives them an insight into studying Classics and Ancient History at university.
- April 2018 - important hub updates and announcements 19 April 2018 We'll be sending a more complete newsletter towards the end of the summer term as usual but this update contains some important information about new data protection regulations, staffing changes at the hub, and some upcoming events in May and June.
- March 2018 newsletter 22 March 2018 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. With the Easter holidays fast approaching, this edition of the newsletter contains a round-up of Classics-related news from the Spring term and highlights some upcoming events and opportunities.
- Reflecting on 'Experiencing War in the Ancient World' workshops 21 March 2018 This year, Dr Hannah-Marie Chidwick designed and delivered a number of workshops on the theme of warfare in the ancient world. Below, Hannah-Marie provides a brief summary of this project.
- Bookings now open for JACT Latin Summer School 2018 1 February 2018 Bookings are now open for the JACT Latin Summer School - a 12 day course for those who would like to learn Latin or to develop their language skills. The course will be held at Wells Cathedral School in Somerset from Monday 23rd July - Saturday 4th August 2018.
- 'The Case for Classics' at The Roman Baths 31 January 2018 On Monday 29th January, the Bristol Classics Hub hosted a ‘Case for Classics’ event at The Roman Baths, in collaboration with the ‘Advocating Classics Education’ project (ACE Classics), led by Professor Edith Hall and Dr Arlene Holmes-Henderson from King’s College, London.
- 'Ovid in the West Country' celebration event 2018 14 December 2017 On Wednesday 6th December 2017, the Classics Hub hosted a prize-giving event at the Wills Memorial Building for the inaugural 'Ovid in the West Country competition.'
- December 2017 newsletter 14 December 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. With the Christmas holidays fast approaching, this edition of the newsletter contains a round-up of Classics-related news from the Autumn term and highlights some exciting events and opportunities coming up in the new year.
- Sharing ideas at the hub's first Classics TeachMeet 23 November 2017 On 16th November, the Bristol Classics Hub organised the first Classics TeachMeet Event at the University of Bristol.
- September 2017 newsletter 26 September 2017 Welcome to the latest e-newsletter from the Bristol Classics Hub. The summer holidays may already feel like a distant memory but we have lots of Classics-related news to share with you this month!