Do you want to improve your writing skills? Would you like to learn how to convey complex environmental information into digestible outputs for the public? Why not join our Cabot Communicators group?
Who are we and what do we do?
We are a group of PhD and postdoc researchers from across the Cabot space, who are trained to write blogs, draft press releases and create content across multiple public platforms including web and print on behalf of the Cabot Institute for the Environment.
What's in it for me?
Being a part of the Cabot Communicators group brings many benefits:
- Gain free training in strategy, writing for different platforms and audiences and social media
- Enhance your CV and professional image
- Get constructive feedback in a supportive environment
- Better promote your research and that of your research group
- Meet world-leading environmental academics and individuals
- Establish yourself as an authority in the environmental research communications space
- Have access to media opportunities such as TV and radio interviews.
Our training is run annually so if you miss this training cohort you can attend next year. Please note you need to be a committed member of the Cabot Communicators group in order to receive the training.
Communications training planned for 2021:
- UoB press release training - January 2021
- Zakiya Mckenzie nature writing and inclusivity
- Special guest roundtable - tbc
Previous training sessions held:
- Zakiya Mckenzie nature writing and inclusivity roundtable - June 2020
- Writers retreat - 4 June 2020
- Press release training - 3 October 2019
- Katharine Hayhoe communications and outreach roundtable - 17 May 2019
How to apply
If you would like to join the group, please contact email@example.com and we will send you an application form. We are particularly looking for PhDs and ECRs who conduct environmental research. Free training for the new intake starts January 2021.