The Faculty of Arts is home to inspiring, world-renowned academic staff who deliver exceptional research over a wide range of subjects across the arts, humanities and modern languages.
Supporting the Faculty's outstanding research profile is our successful track record of hosting Postdoctoral Fellows, and the contributions they make to multiple levels of intellectual interaction and the engaged, vibrant research community.
Benefits of the post-doctoral experience in Arts at the University of Bristol:
- Extensive support and guidance provided by mentor, academic and administrative research staff
- You will join one or more of the Faculty’s research groups, benefiting from the vibrant academic atmosphere these engender
- You will receive expert support in the preparation of grant applications during your Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Opportunities exist for contributing to the Faculty’s wide range of teaching programmes
- Access to a comprehensive range of training courses offered to research staff, aimed at maximising your career building potential
We welcome enquiries from potential applicants to various UK and European Postdoctoral funding schemes, including:
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships Scheme
- UK Marie Sklodowska-Curie (MSCA) Individual Fellowship
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships (Deadline: December 6th 2019, 12:00 midday)
- European Research Council Starter Grants
- University of Bristol Vice-Chancellor's Fellowships
- Wellcome Research Fellowships in Humanities and Social Science