Historical Studies lunchtime lectures and events
- Venue: Arts Faculty Lecture Theatre 2 (LT2)
- Time: 1:10 - 1:50 pm
The Historical Studies 'lunchtime lecture' series gives students an opportunity to hear a number of talks each year on subjects of general interest, across both History and History of Art. A number of the slots are also used to stage debates and discussions.
The lectures focus on the process of research, as well as research outcomes, to give participants a sense of how research projects evolve and the sort of problems historians encounter. As such, the lectures are designed to be of particular use to students. The lectures include talks by both existing members of staff and scholars from other institutions.
In addition, we also typically provide a number of other academic events over the course of the year that are open to all our students: ranging from tours to oral history interviews.
- Alumni: Kate Perutz on 'Archives and Exhibitions' 26 February 2018, 1.10 PM - 26 February 2018, 1.50 PM Kate Perutz Lecture Theatre 2
- Forced reproduction, slavery and the development of modern gynaecology 5 March 2018, 1.10 PM - 2 February 2018, 1.50 PM Andrea Livesey Lecture Theatre 2
- Alumni: William Bennett on KPSRL 12 March 2018, 1.10 PM - 12 March 2018, 1.50 PM William Bennett Lecture Theatre 2
- Research and Productive Writing 19 March 2018, 1.10 PM - 19 March 2018, 1.50 PM Lecture Theatre 2
- The Violence of Dissapearance 16 April 2018, 1.10 PM - 16 April 2018, 1.50 PM Brad Evans Lecture Theatre 2
- TBC 23 April 2018, 1.10 PM - 23 April 2018, 1.50 PM Stephen Osborne-Brown Lecture Theatre 2