Advanced Computing Research Centre (ACRC) training
ACRC training workshops Spring 2020.
We are still running our courses, but have moved them online and increased capacity. Our course materials can also be found online below.
The RSEs have written a blog about how they have rapidly moved the training online, for those who may need to do similar.
Programming and Research Software Engineering skills
Register for these courses using the eventbrite links below:
- Best Practices in Software Engineering, 2-5pm Friday 27th March, (online)
- Monday 30th March: Beginning Python online
- Wednesday 1st April: Beginning Python online
- Friday 3rd April: Introduction to Data Analysis with Python online
- Monday 6th April: Intermediate Python online
- Wednesday 8th April: Introduction to Data Analysis with Python online
To subscribe to our training alerts:
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject subscribe hpc-users
Leave the message body blank (this includes removing any signature you have set up).
Linux and HPC skills
Online training resources
We have a library of slides, notes and self-guided courses:
HPC and Linux skills
- Intro to Linux (PDF, 981kB))
- Further Linux (PDF, 217kB)
- The Unix Shell
- Intro to HPC slides (PDF, 686kB)
- User guides for BlueCrystal users.
- Python 1: Beginning Python
- Python 2: Intermediate Python
- Intro to Data Analysis with Python (slides, github)
- Applied Data Analysis with Python
- Parallel Programming with Python
- Version control using Git
- Software engineering best practices
- IDES and debugging
- Introduction to Deep Learning (slides, github repo)
- Modern Fortran (github repo)
- Fortran1: the basics
- Fortran2: Advanced Parallel Fortran
- Introduction to OpenMP
- Introduction to MPI
For additional self-guided programming courses please see Christopher Wood's RSE courses web page.
We also recommend the following online resources for: