Advanced Computing Research Centre (ACRC) training
ACRC training workshops - 2019
Spring Training Programme
Please use the eventbrite links below to register for training workshops.
If you do book a place please remember to cancel if you are unable to attend as these courses are very popular and we always have a waiting list.
- Intro to Linux, 2-5pm, Wed 30th Jan 2019
- Beginning C++, 2-5pm, Wed 6th Feb 2019
- Version control using Git, 2-5pm Mon 11th Feb 2019
- Beginning Python, 2-5pm Wed 13th Feb 2019
- Intermediate Python, 2-5pm, Wed 20th Feb 2019
The second half of the programme will be released later.
Please subscribe up to our hpc-users mailing list if you would like to hear about our workshops when future dates are released.
Online training resources
We are building up a library of slides and notes from our workshops. The following are already available on the web:
- Intro to Linux
- Data Analysis in Python
- Introduction to OpenMP
- Introduction to MPI
- Parallel Programming with Python
- Python 1: Beginning Python
- Python 2: Intermediate Python
- Version control using Git
- Fortran1: the basics
- Fortran2: Advanced Parallel Fortran
- Introduction to Deep Learning (slides, github repo)
The ACRC team have created guides for BlueCrystal users.
For additional self-guided programming courses please see Christopher Wood's RSE courses web page.
We recommend the following online resources for: