The School of Clinical Veterinary Science is located in the village of Langford, North Somerset, some 15 miles southwest of Bristol on the edge of the Mendips. The School occupies the property and grounds of Langford House, which was developed as a farming estate in 1877 by Simon Hill. The estate remained in the ownership of the Hill family until 1944, when it was purchased by the Commissioners of Crown Lands. It was then acquired by the University in 1951 for development as a veterinary field station. Since that time generations of veterinary undergraduates have undertaken their clinical training at Langford and hundreds of graduates have studied for certificates, diplomas and higher degrees.
The School is responsible for the clinical training of veterinary surgeons in companion animal medicine and surgery, farm animal science and welfare, and veterinary public health. Clinical training revolves around animal patients that are referred to the hospitals and practices at Langford by veterinary practitioners in the Southwest. Moreover, the Schoolt has dairy and sheep enterprises at the adjacent Wyndhurst Farm and these are used extensively in husbandry, welfare and clinical teaching.
The School has a major commitment to research projects aligned to animal welfare.
The Langford site is also home to:-
For more information on the School of Clinical Veterinary Science or the Langford Site please Email email@example.com
How to find us: A map of the local area.