Car Clubs are a great way to use a vehicle without owning it. No more need to worry about servicing or maintenance, no need to pay the road tax, all this is dealt with by the car club. You get to drive one of a range of modern vehicles when you want and for as long as you want.
Add to all this convenience the money you will save and its easy to see why car clubs are the growing so rapidly in Bristol and the rest of the UK
Some people use car clubs as their main car, others as a handy second or backup vehicle. Whatever your situation car clubs can benefit you and bring a bit of affordable, extra mobility into your life.
How it works:
- cars are located throughout the city.
- booked through a central office using the telephone or internet.
- cars can be hired 24 hours a day for periods of as little as an hour at a time.
- you can open your own personal Smartcard.
- annual fees and hourly rate will be paid for by direct debit
The car club companies:
There are three companies in Bristol:
- Zipcar (previously Streetcar)
- City Car Club:
- For students and staff under 22, City Car Club has the ‘Under 22’ plan which allows anyone under 22 to join for just £6 a month. This effectively it allows you to spread the cost of your membership.
- Students can benefit from 2 hours free driving (£12 credit) on your City Car Club account when you sign up with code BV097.
- For staff, City Car Club have waived their £60 membership fee. Sign up with the code UOB001.
- Payment is daily by credit or debit card
- There are cars and vans all over Bristol, near the University and your home.