When completing your UCAS application please give the exact name and level of your qualification.
- If a course requires particular subjects, we specify this in the course details. Some courses apply a weighting to other (non-specified) subjects. Find out more in the admissions statement.
- Native languages. We will accept a native language A-level as one of your A-level subjects.
- General Studies is not included in our offers, and we do not consider it in the academic assessment of applications.
- Re-sits. Some courses have restrictions on applicants re-sitting their A-levels. The admissions statement makes this clear.
- We will accept the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in place of 1 GCE A-level, provided this is not in a specified subject, where:
- D* = A*
- D = A
- M = B
- We will accept the BTEC Diploma in place of 2 A-levels, provided this is not in a specified subject, where:
- D* = A*
- D = A
- M = B
- We will accept the BTEC Extended Diploma provided it is in a subject relevant to the course. We may request distinctions in particular units, and some courses may ask for an additional A-level to satisfy subject requirements. Specialist QCF qualifications are not generally accepted.
Access to HE Diploma qualifications
We need to know the exact name of your qualification, and which modules you are taking at Level 2 and Level 3.
In some cases an additional A-level may be required to satisfy subject requirements. Please see the course details for more information.
Cambridge Pre-U qualifications
The University accepts the Cambridge Pre-U as satisfying general entry requirements, and formulates offers on an equivalent basis with other level 3 qualifications.
Cambridge Pre-U subjects need to be principal subjects. For guidance, please see the course details page.
If you have not had the opportunity to study GCSEs (for example, if you came to the UK for education later in life), we may be able to use other subsequent or equivalent qualifications to assess whether you meet these requirements.
International GCSEs (IGSCEs)
We accept iGCSEs as equivalent to GCSEs.
Subjects and grades
If you are currently studying for a degree, please provide details of the modules studied and grades achieved to date, as well as all your post-16 qualifications (GCSEs onwards).
Extended Project Qualification
We recognise the value of the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) as a useful introduction to the way you will study at university.
Entry requirements and qualifications
Please read our entry requirements and qualifications information.
University statements on UK qualifications for undergraduate entry.