Applying to Access to Bristol
Access to Bristol is designed for students who have the grades, motivation and potential to succeed at a Russell Group university.
Access to Bristol brochure 2018/19
Download the 2018/19 Access to Bristol brochure (PDF, 2,913kB) for more information.
How to apply
Applications for Access to Bristol 2019/20 will open in September 2019. You can register your interest in applying for Access to Bristol, and therefore receive an email reminder when Access to Bristol applications open in September, by completing this form.
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be in your first or second year of A-level study (or equivalent, with the exception of the Pathways to Health Sciences programme, which is a two-year programme, and therefore is open only to students in Year 12);
- be resident in a BA, BS or other local postcode within an hour’s journey of the University of Bristol;
- attend a state school or college.
The scheme is very popular and there is high demand for places. If a subject stream is oversubscribed, we will give priority to those who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- have the academic ability to study at the University of Bristol (meeting the GCSE entry requirements for their chosen subject stream);
- are part of the first generation in their family to go to university; live in an area of low participation in higher education as defined by POLAR4, which is a score of 1 or 2 for the category 'POLAR4 young participation quintile';
- attend an aspiring state school or college;
- are or have been eligible for free school meals;
- have spent three or more months in local authority care.
Timeline and term dates
Access to Bristol sessions take place on Wednesday afternoons from 2 pm to 4:30 pm during term time.
We recommend that you discuss your application to the programme with your head of sixth form / college. You will need permission from your school or college to attend the sessions and we ask for a contact at your school on your application form.
If you have any questions, or need any assistance with the application form, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org