Applying to Access to Bristol
Access to Bristol is designed for students who have the grades, motivation and potential to succeed at a Russell Group university.
Access to Bristol brochure 2018/19
Download the 2018/19 Access to Bristol brochure (PDF, 2,913kB) for more information.
How to apply
Application for Access to Bristol and Pathways to Health Sciences 2018/19 is now closed.
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be in your first or second year of A-level study (or equivalent), with the exception of the Pathways to Law and Pathways to Health Sciences streams, which are two-year programmes and therefore open to students in Year 12 only;
- be resident in a BA, BS or other local postcode within an hour’s journey of the University of Bristol;
- attend a state school or college.
The scheme is very popular and there is high demand for places. If a subject stream is oversubscribed, we will give priority to those who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- have the academic ability to study at the University of Bristol (meeting the GCSE entry requirements for their chosen subject stream);
- are part of the first generation in their family to go to university; live in an area of low participation in higher education as defined by POLAR4, which is a score of 1 or 2 for the category 'POLAR4 young participation quintile';
- attend an aspiring state school or college;
- are or have been eligible for free school meals;
- have spent three or more months in local authority care.
Timeline and term dates
Access to Bristol sessions take place on Wednesday afternoons from 2 pm to 4:30 pm during term time.
We recommend that you discuss your application to the programme with your head of sixth form / college. You will need permission from your school or college to attend the sessions and we ask for a contact at your school on your application form.
If you have any questions, or need any assistance with the application form, please get in touch at email@example.com