Support for teachers and careers advisers
As well as supporting students, we are hosting the following events for teachers and advisers.
Russell Group Teacher Conference
Advancing Access Virtual Conference Platform
The Russell Group universities are committed to continuing to support teachers and advisers in every way possible in these challenging circumstances. Therefore this year’s Russell Group Teachers’ and Advisers’ conference will continue to go ahead in an online format on Monday 4th May 2020 between 10am and 2pm.
Originally scheduled to take place at the University of Bristol, the event will now be updated with some new content which will help to keep teachers and advisers informed about how to best support applicants during the coronavirus pandemic.
Teachers, careers advisers and careers leaders who attend this online event will learn more about some the UK’s most competitive universities. They will also be in the strongest possible position to support more of their students to progress to these institutions. The event is completely free of charge and will be delivered via the Advancing Access website. Participants will not require any special software or equipment and can take part using a web browser on a computer, tablet or smartphone.
During the event delegates will have the opportunity to:
· Speak with staff representatives from all 24 Russell Group universities in the virtual exhibition hall
· Network with other teachers, careers advisers and careers leaders from across the country
· Take part in a range of webinars which will enhance knowledge of Russell Group universities and their applications and admissions processes
The following breakout sessions will be delivered on the day:
· Supporting applicants during the COVID-19 pandemic;
· An overview of contextual offers;
· Student wellbeing support during transition and beyond;
· Supporting students with their UCAS application and interview;
· Understanding admissions at University;
· General alternative routes in Higher Education;
· Student finance and budgeting.
More information about these events and a link for registration is available on the Advancing Access website.
Schools and colleges newsletter
If you are a teacher and want to find out more about working with the University of Bristol, you can sign up to our schools and colleges newsletter. You can download the most recent newsletter here.
The University has recently launched Speakezee, a new platform that brings together schools event organisers and academic speakers.