Where to get help

You are not on your own. There is always a friendly face and listening ear nearby. Find out what services we have, what they do and how they can help you.

Talk to someone

Residential Life Advisers

Available if you are in University accommodation. Can discuss any problem from faults with your room to personal issues.

Personal Tutors

All students have a Personal Tutor. They can help with both academic and personal development.

Student Wellbeing Advisers

Available to all students. They are here to listen and help you find the right support.

Tell us anonymously

Bullying, harassment, assault and discrimination are not acceptable. If you see something you don't like, report it.

Help yourself

Big White Wall

An online mental health and wellbeing service offering an anonymous and safe peer support community.

Just Ask

A Students' Union service. Can help with academic issues such as appeals and signpost you to external services.

Self-help resources

Information you can access and use immediately to help yourself, or while you wait for further support.

Our specialist services

Students' Health Service

Offers a full NHS General Practice service and is your first point of contact for medical treatment.

Student Counselling Service

Offers counselling sessions and therapeutic groups to help you if you are struggling.

Multi-faith Chaplaincy

Offers support, events and social opportunities, regardless of individual background or culture.

Disability Services

Offers practical advice on study support, funding and accommodation if you have a learning difficulty or disability.

Help someone else

You may be worried about a friend, housemate or someone on your course. Find out what you can do or who to talk to. 

Edit this page