Physical and sexual abuse
- BAVA (Bristol Against Violence and Abuse) provides information and links to supportive organisations in the local area.
- Changing our campus is an American website dedicated to reducing university campus based sexual assaults by providing information and support.
- Hidden Marks set up by the National Union of Students providing information and support about sexual abuse/harassment
- Report and Support is a University tool where you can report incidents of harrassment, assault and domestic violence and get advice.
- Into the light is a London-based organisation offering information, courses and counselling via Skype for people who have experienced sexual abuse.
- One in Four is a London-based organisation offering information and support to survivors of sexual abuse.
- Victim Support supports victims of crime including sexual assault.
Release is a short video about the importance of muscular release in order to relieve anxiety and heal from trauma.
- Rape Crisis supports women and girls who have been sexually assaulted.
- Safe Link and Next Link are services offering support to women who have experienced sexual assault and domestic violence in Bristol.
- SARSAS (Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Assault Support) is a hub of information and support in the local area for women and girls who have experienced sexual violence.
- Women's Aid supports a network of domestic and sexual violence services.
- Mankind for men who have been abused.
- Survivors support for men or boys who have been sexually assaulted.
Galop is an LGBT domestic abuse service with a national helpline.
Concerned others and professionals
The Survivor Pathway is a guide for professionals and concerned others to the referral pathways for rape and any kind of sexual abuse or assault.
If you have experienced bullying, discrimination, physical or sexual assault or harassment within the university you may wish to use the Report and Support tool to get help.
Bullying, harassment, assault and discrimination are not acceptable. If you see something you don't like, report it using our Report and Support tool.
External support in Bristol
Find out what other external support is available in Bristol.
Big White Wall
Big White Wall helps you to get support, take control and feel better when you are anxious, low or not coping.
The online service is free, available 24/7 and completely anonymous.
- Chat to other members who may be experiencing the same things as you
- Access a range of tools to help you self-manage
- Set goals and track progress
- Access articles, videos and online courses.