Your health and wellbeing
Being at University can be exciting but there may be times when you struggle with the demands of studying or life in general. It can be difficult being away from your home, family and friends, but at Bristol, you are not on your own and we are here to help.
Looking after yourself is essential for a happy and productive student life. Find out how you can keep well.
- Where to get study help
- Extenuating circumstances
- Make an academic appeal
- Suspend your studies
- Apply for religious observance
- Make a complaint
Student life issues
- Course concerns
- Money worries
- Housing concerns
- Homesick and lonely
- Personal and relationship issues
Working or studying away
- Find out what support is available to you while you are studying or working abroad or on a work placement in the UK
Religious and spiritual support
- Our support
- Services for you
Dealing with unhealthy habits
Find out what help is available for:
- Substance abuse
- Eating or sleeping disorders
- Or other unhealthy habits.
If you are feeling distressed and need immediate help:
- Contact your doctor's surgery and request an emergency appointment. If your doctor's surgery is not open, contact the NHS Out of Hours Medical Service on 111 available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
- Call the Samaritans on 116 123 available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
- If you feel at immediate risk of harm to yourself, go straight to your nearest hospital Accident and Emergency department or call the Emergency Services on 999.
If you're concerned about anything there are a number of university services you can get in touch with during the Summer holidays:
Students' Health Service
Open as usual throughout the Summer holidays with the following exceptions: No late night surgeries 20 July, 10 and 21 August. Only open until midday 29 Aug.
Student Counselling Service
Open as usual throughout the Summer holidays with the following exception: Closed to clients week commencing 31 July.
Open as usual throughout the Summer holidays.