China Scholarship Council - University of Bristol joint-funded PhD Scholarship
Fully funded PhD scholarships for Chinese students to carry out research at the University of Bristol.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC)/University of Bristol joint-funded scholarships programme offers 40 fully funded PhD scholarships for up to 48 months of research at the University of Bristol.
The University of Bristol provides full tuition fees for each PhD programme.
The China Scholarship Council provides:
- a stipend (as specified by the Chinese Government)
- a return international airfare between China and the UK
- funding to cover passport and visa fees.
- have a strong academic background
- be a permanent resident of the People's Republic of China at the time of application. Chinese students studying overseas may also be eligible - see CSC policies.
- fulfil the relevant academic entry requirements set by the University of Bristol.
- have the appropriate level of English
- meet the study visa requirements of UK government
- satisfy all of the CSC's selection criteria
- Apply directly for a postgraduate research programme by Noon on Monday 20th January 2020. You must specify that you wish to apply for the China Scholarship Council – University of Bristol Joint Scholarships Programme in your application form.
- Upon receiving applications, the University of Bristol will evaluate the candidates. The University will provide the China Scholarship Council and each successful candidate with a copy of an unconditional offer letter of study.
- After receiving the offer letter from the University of Bristol, nominated candidates must apply directly to the China Scholarship Council for their endorsement of the scholarship nomination. Candidates will need their offer letter to do this. The application guidance will be published on the CSC official website. Please note that there will be a deadline advised by CSC for submissions to apply for this endorsement.
- Candidates must inform the University of Bristol of the progress of their application to the CSC, including the dates of submission and any interview dates.
- The CSC will draw up a list of successful scholarship recipients. All candidates who are successful in their funding application to the CSC will then be contacted by the University of Bristol.
- All PhD research programmes will start in September 2020.
20 January 2020
You may apply for any research area of the University of Bristol: please visit our faculty research pages to find out about more than 80 PhD programmes across the six faculties in the University.
The University of Bristol also leads and participates in more than 35 world-leading, cohort-based Doctoral Training Centres. This results in one of the largest concentrations of funding and support for collaborative PhD training in the UK.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.