Mapping services and assessing need regarding children and young people living with domestic violence
- Funder: South Tyneside NHS
- Lead applicant: Professor Marianne Hester
- Co-researcher: Nicole Westmarland (Durham Unviersity)
- Dates: February 2004-September 2004
- Research centre: Violence Against Women Research Group and Family Policy and Child Welfare
Building on two previous studies in the North East of England (Hester et al. 2001; Hester et al. 2003) the research will focus specifically on the needs of children and young people living with domestic violence. The research will identify the incidence and prevalence of children and young people in South Tyneside living with and/or witnessing domestic violence, map services and provision in South Tyneside that can offer help and support to children and young people experiencing domestic violence, identify gaps in service provision and delivery and highlight therapeutic best practice models (age appropriate).