Outreach and Engagement
From school demonstrations to creating the world’s first quantum artwork, Bristol’s Quantum Engineering Technology Labs (QETLabs) brings the wider community closer to quantum science and technology.
QET Labs maintains a culture of public engagement throughout our group, with students, PDRAs, academics and collaborators all contributing to Quantum in the Crowd, our QET Labs award-winning engagement project.
We believe that people find quantum physics difficult to grasp because it is not intuitive – quantum systems behave in ways that are not seen in our normal day-to-day lives. Through a series of events, online platforms and partnerships we have engaged with people of all ages who are interested in learning more about the world around us.
Through our engagement project, we hope to encourage the next generation of Quantum Physicists and Engineers, and make our research and technology more accessible to future users.
To read about our recent event activites check out our blog.
- Quantum in the Crowd blog - posts on our outreach and engagement activities
- Quantum in the Cloud - try out our quantum simulator here
- Quantum in the Summer school - our annual week-long summer school
- Quantum in Conversation - ask our researchers your questions!
- Quantum at Home - explore how quantum could look in your home
If you are interested in finding out more about our engagement activities or would like to collaborate with us please contact us at:
We look forward to receiving your email.