QET Labs welcomes students to eighth annual Quantum in the Summer school 8 August 2022 This year's free Quantum In The Summer school took place 1–5 August, welcoming 17 A-level students from across the UK.
- QET Labs welcomes students to eighth annual Quantum in the Summer school 8 August 2022 This year's free Quantum In The Summer school took place 1–5 August, welcoming 17 A-level students from across the UK.
- QET Labs take quantum demos to Bluedot Festival! 25 July 2022 From 21-25 July, twelve QET Labs and QE-CDT staff and students headed to the Bluedot Festival, held at the Jodrell Bank Observatory in Cheshire, for four days of music and science.
- QET Labs Researchers publish PRL paper on breakthrough quantum photonic device design 13 July 2022 The research, undertaken by Mr David Dlaka and led by Dr Andrew Young (SCEEM) in the group of Prof Ruth Oulton (Physics and SCEEM) and Dr Edmund Harbord (SCEEM), was a collaboration with researchers in Germany, Sweden and the Czech republic.
- QET Labs members release new PRL paper into photonic sensing 6 June 2022 QET Labs members have found a way to operate mass manufacturable photonic sensors at the quantum limit. This breakthrough paves the way for practical applications such as monitoring greenhouse gases and cancer detection.
- QET Labs hosts 250 attendees at annual conference BQIT:22 29 April 2022 From 25-28 April 2022, QET Labs welcomed 250 colleagues to the annual BQIT:22 (Bristol Quantum Information Technologies) workshop. 55 posters were presented, along with 41 speakers and panellists giving talks across a wide range of quantum tech.
- Michael Cuthbert joins QET Labs as an Honorary Professor 7 April 2022 Michael Cuthbert joins the University of Bristol and QETLabs as an Honorary Professor in Quantum Technologies under the Science Faculty’s new AEGIS programme
- QET Labs co-Director Jonathan Matthews receives 2021 Philip Leverhulme Prize for Physics 9 March 2022 QET Labs co-Director Jonathan Matthews attended a gala dinner event at the Plaisterers’ Hall in London to receive his 2021 Philip Leverhulme Prize for Physics.
- Welcome to new Quantum Engineering CDT Lecturer Carrie Weidner! 1 February 2022 A warm welcome to Dr Carrie Weidner, who joins QET Labs this month as a Quantum Engineering CDT Lecturer. Read more about her previous roles and plans for her research at QET Labs
- Bristol team chase down advantage in quantum race 26 January 2022 Quantum researchers at the University of Bristol have dramatically reduced the time to simulate an optical quantum computer, with a speedup of around one billion over previous approaches.
- QET Labs welcomes new Senior Lecturer Dr Alex Clark 1 December 2021 Dr Alex Clark joins QET Labs as a proleptic Senior Lecturer and Royal Society University Research Fellow.