We are involved in many research and taught programmes which are linked with other schools in the Faculty and beyond.
Postgraduate training in physiology, pharmacology and neuroscience is organised through the Faculty of Biomedical Science Graduate School. Our programmes and projects follow the key areas of research in the School, which cover the broad themes of cardiovascular science, neuroscience and cell signalling and cell biology.
- BBSRC South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership
- Wellcome Trust PhD in Dynamic Cell Biology
- Wellcome Trust PhD in Neural Dynamics
- GW4 BioMed MRC Doctoral Training Partnership
- BHF Integrative Cardiovascular Science (ICS) PhD Studentship Programme
- Individual, funded, research projects, when available.
Current PhD positions available as part of the GW4 BioMed MRC Doctoral Training Partnership:
You are also welcome to make a proposal for a PhD project of your choosing, by contacting an individual principal investigator relevant to your research interests. For general information on undertaking a PhD in our school, visit the PhD in Physiology, Pharmacology and Neuroscience prospectus entry.
The faculty has further information on funding your programme.
Did you know?
We have a regular programme of school research seminars that will expose you to a wide range of research areas and techniques, presented by experts from within the School as well as renowned scientists from the UK and abroad.