How to apply
Applications are invited for PhD studentships to start in Sept 2018 (closing date 21st December 2017). You are strongly encouraged to contact potential supervisors to discuss your application, and are welcome to contact us for guidance on identifying supervisors (contact details below).
How to apply
Our aim is to attract outstanding and highly motivated science graduates, who are excited by the revolution in molecular and genetic epidemiology. You will have a good honours (minimum requirement is a 2.1) or Masters degrees in relevant disciplines, and wish to pursue a career in molecular, genetic or lifecourse epidemiology.
We offer a range of potential projects which you can adapt to your interests when preparing your research proposal (see below). You are strongly encouraged to contact the named supervisors to discuss your research proposal prior to submitting your application.
Before you apply
- A completed University of Bristol application form.
- A full curriculum vitae.
- A covering letter stating clearly that you are applying for the Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD programme in Molecular, Genetic and Lifecourse Epidemiology. The letter should include a personal statement (max 250 words) regarding your career aspirations.
- A research proposal - up to two sides of A4 typewritten (approx. 1200 words). Applications received without this will be returned to the applicant, with a request for this information.
- Two letters of reference.
- A copy of your degree certificates and transcripts.
For further details about the Wellcome Trust studentships, potential topics and supervisors contact:
The Wellcome Trust provides full funding for the tuition fee for UK/EU students. In addition the University of Bristol allows one international student per year to join this programme at no additional cost. Other international students would need to first apply for alternative sources of funding to cover the overseas fees for 3 years and be able to self-fund for one year.
If you have already secured funding through a government scheme, employer or similar you can follow this 4 year model providing you are well qualified. Please get in touch to discuss this further.