New course will put Bristol students at the forefront of fight against cybercrime 1 December 2017 From next year, Bristol will become only the second university in the country to offer masters students the opportunity to study the mathematics of cybersecurity.
- ERC Funded PhD Studentship in Soft Matter 13 December 2018 ERC PhD Studentship in Soft Matter
- PhD Studentship in Mathematics 12 December 2018 PhD Studentship in Statistical Science
- Bristol graduate leads cross-disciplinary paper on hillslope evolution 7 December 2018 Former MSc student Jacob Cavert has co-authored an article in a leading quantitative earth surface processes journal, the Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface.
- Bristol mathematician awarded €1.8 million to research quantum algorithms 4 December 2018 Dr Ashley Montanaro, Reader in Quantum Computation in the School of Mathematics, has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) grant for his project ‘Quantum Algorithms from Foundations to Applications’.
- Professor Jonathan Robbins appointed as Head of School 27 November 2018 School of Mathematics has appointed Professor Jonathan Robbins as new Head of School.
- School of Maths students take home awards at international competition 31 July 2018 Congratulations to three School of Maths students who competed and took home medals at this year’s International Mathematics Competition in Bulgaria.
- Professor Jonathan Keating appointed as new President of the London Mathematical Society 2 July 2018 The School of Mathematics would like to congratulate Professor Jonathan Keating FRS, who has been named as President-Designate of the London Mathematical Society (LMS).
- Professor Francesco Mezzadri awarded prestigious Fröhlich Prize by the London Mathematical Society 28 June 2018 The School of Mathematics would like to congratulate Professor Francesco Mezzadri who has been awarded a prestigious Fröhlich Prize by the London Mathematical Society (LMS) for his profound and wide-ranging contributions to random matrix theory and its applications.
- Weather forecast model predicts complex patterns of volcanic ash dispersal 16 May 2018 New research, led by the University of Bristol, has provided fresh insight into how huge volcanic ash plumes, which can critically disrupt aviation and cause major impact on the ground, are transported in the atmosphere.
- Christophe Andrieu and Anthony Lee win EPSRC grant 11 May 2018 Congratulations to Christophe Andrieu and Anthony Lee who have won a £2.5M EPSRC Programme Grant "CoSInES" (COmputational Statistical INference for Engineering and Security) jointly with colleagues from Imperial College, Lancaster, Oxford and Warwick, with the participation of the Alan Turing Institute.