New course will put Bristol students at the forefront of fight against cybercrime 1 December 2017 From next year, Bristol will become only the second university in the country to offer masters students the opportunity to study the mathematics of cybersecurity.
- School of Maths students take home awards at international competition 31 July 2018 Congratulations to three School of Maths students who competed and took home medals at this year’s International Mathematics Competition in Bulgaria.
- Professor Jonathan Keating appointed as new President of the London Mathematical Society 2 July 2018 The School of Mathematics would like to congratulate Professor Jonathan Keating FRS, who has been named as President-Designate of the London Mathematical Society (LMS).
- Professor Francesco Mezzadri awarded prestigious Fröhlich Prize by the London Mathematical Society 28 June 2018 The School of Mathematics would like to congratulate Professor Francesco Mezzadri who has been awarded a prestigious Fröhlich Prize by the London Mathematical Society (LMS) for his profound and wide-ranging contributions to random matrix theory and its applications.
- Weather forecast model predicts complex patterns of volcanic ash dispersal 16 May 2018 New research, led by the University of Bristol, has provided fresh insight into how huge volcanic ash plumes, which can critically disrupt aviation and cause major impact on the ground, are transported in the atmosphere.
- Christophe Andrieu and Anthony Lee win EPSRC grant 11 May 2018 Congratulations to Christophe Andrieu and Anthony Lee who have won a £2.5M EPSRC Programme Grant "CoSInES" (COmputational Statistical INference for Engineering and Security) jointly with colleagues from Imperial College, Lancaster, Oxford and Warwick, with the participation of the Alan Turing Institute.
- School of Maths scoops National Award for gender equality 8 May 2018 The School of Mathematics has been awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award from the Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) in recognition of its commitment to tackling gender inequality.
- Professor John McNamara awarded Sewall Wright Award 11 April 2018 Emeritus Professor of Mathematics and Biology, John McNamara has been awarded the highly prestigious Sewall Wright Award by the American Society of Naturalists, the oldest scientific society dedicated to the study of ecology, evolution, and behaviour.
- Congratulations to Céline Maistret who takes gold at STEM for Britain Awards 16 March 2018
- Alumni event sees former students share their employability experiences 14 March 2018 The School of Mathematics welcomed back former students last week (Tuesday 6 March), to its first Alumni Employability event.
- Christophe Andrieu wins EPSRC grant 19 February 2018