John Russo awarded ERC Starting Grant 2017 11 September 2017 We are delighted to announce that John Russo has been awarded a prestigious Starting Grant from the European Research Council.
- John Russo awarded ERC Starting Grant 2017 11 September 2017 We are delighted to announce that John Russo has been awarded a prestigious Starting Grant from the European Research Council.
- Scott Harper is awarded the Cecil King Travel Scholarship from the London Mathematical Society. 4 September 2017
- Study of protein cages strengthens Bristol’s position at forefront of synthetic biology 7 August 2017 A multidisciplinary team from the Bristol BioDesign Institute has come together to study the self-assembly of protein building into protein cages, leading to new research which has potential applications in nanotechnology and synthetic biology.
- Formation of porous crystals observed for the first time 31 July 2017 Scientists at the University of Bristol have, for the first time, observed the formation of a crystal gel with particle-level resolution, allowing them to study the conditions by which these new materials form.
- ShanghaiRanking 2017 30 June 2017
- Professor Ulcigrai awarded Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award 30 June 2017
- Bristol Mathematician invited to speak at ICM 2018 30 June 2017
- Dr Ashley Montanaro is awarded London Mathematical Society's Whitehead Prize 2017 30 June 2017
- Teaching Associate 16 May 2017 The School of Mathematics are looking to recruit Teaching Associates. We have a number of roles, all for academic year 2017/18, and would be willing to consider flexible working arrangements and hours as well as term time only working, if preferred.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate in Applied Mathematics 12 May 2017 We are looking to recruit passionate and driven researchers to join a ground-breaking, multidisciplinary project as Post-Doctoral Research Associate, tenable from 01 September 2017 for a duration of 2-years with the potential of an extension for a further year.